Update 0.6.5: Plugin API (EN)

• Thanks for your feedback Methamorphoosys :)

I have noticed that the water of the new version lost many qualities of the JAVA version, speaking specifically about the reflections... In JAVA the water looked very good too, we could see the reflection of the Sun, the Moon, the stars, the sky, but also of the trees and the buildings and the reflection was even very well achieved with the waves of the water.

Well, while the water in the Java version indeed had nice reflections, it was also a lot more "stylized". While the high amount of reflections was quite suitable for smaller bodies of water (ponds, small lakes etc), it didn't really fit for oceans IMHO (which typically provide little to no visible reflections IRL). For the new version, however, oceans play a much bigger role, so it was our priority to make sure that the water looks suitable for oceans ^^

Having said that, we will add more types of water in the future and we'll also make sure that water adapts to the size of the water body ;) For smaller lakes or ponds, it will be less turbulent and more reflective accordingly.

I'm making a very, very large world and I have the problem that the torches and bonfires that I put up can't be seen at medium distances, I would say short..

Is only the light missing, or also the torch / bonfire (i.e. the model itself)? Objects (like torches or lamps) are currently only rendered within the "Details View Distance" - but increasing this value has a considerable impact on performance (because that also affects things like grass etc).

Alternatively you can try this: Go to the game directory (into the "_New Version" subfolder), open the config.properties file with a text editor and set ObjectsInLODChunks to True, then save the file and run the game again. Now objects (including torches or fires) will also be rendered in LOD chunks^^

When will we have the option to permanently place any object in the world?

You're probably referring to placing items (like tools, weapons etc)? It's still on our to-do list, but unfortunately I have no ETA for that yet :/

Another question is when we will have other important objects such as the map, the hinges to make special doors and the option to create functional custom ships?

Unfortunately I can't say much about these things yet... while we want to get a map ready in the foreseeable future, other features like ships or movable structures (similar to hinges) will probably only be added once the Java version was finally replaced by the new version.

can you paint the water? And will there be hail in the game at some point?

There are unfortunately no plans for painting water atm... but it's our intention to add different types of water (e.g. muddy water etc) ^^

When it comes to hail, we will take that into consideration^^

Someone said it before, if there could be more types of trees, maybe it sounds very demanding but it would be cool to have some endemic trees from each continent, I ask you because what I'm doing requires that I have nopales like the ones on the Mexican flag, yes were possible...

It's definitely our intention to add more vegetation in the long run ;) But I have good news: With the biomes update (which should be ready in a couple of months), we will add new cacti, including nopales^^

I would love if they could integrate fish and frogs into the animals, or something more aquatic fauna. About the fishes, it would be nice if they don't appear just using the fishing rod, but are actually swimming in the water.

We have some plans in this area, but unfortunately this has a low priority atm... first we really need to get the new version a bit more fleshed out in general :D

I don't know if there could be an object that would serve to simply emit smoke and be visually noticeable, like chimneys are seen in the cold.

You mean something like the "technical smoke" object in the Java version? In this case, yes, we'll definitely add that in the near future :)

• Thanks for the reply, I am glad to know that there will be various types of water in the future, such as muddy water. It sounds great that the game detects the size and gives it reflections accordingly, great idea.

On the subject of lights, I meant that what interests me is that the lights are seen in the distance, not so much the models of torches and bonfires. Thanks for the tip on the configurable file, I'll give it a try, does it also make the lights look further away or just the torch models?

About the map: I think it's good that you're taking the time to do it, at least for me the JAVA version map seemed very buggy, I loved that it was satellite type and that it will be updated in real time but I think that needs to be improved, in other forum posts I saw that they suggested several types of map to choose from such as medieval type maps, I think the map is an important point in this game :)

It made me very happy to know that soon there will be biomes in the game, it is the most expected by many, together with the recent update of animals, everything is looking very fine in terms of this migration ;) Thanks for commenting on the nopales , the biomes sounds like they will be very complete.

Speaking of hints and plants again... There is a type of plant that thrives on the surface of the water a lot, a lesser known type of Water Lily, it would be great to have these plants in the game, since there are no floating plants yet I leave some photos of these particular type of water plant:

And of course be cool have the classic water lilys in the near future:

I also wanted to suggest if it might be possible in the future to have objects to see from afar, something like pirate telescopes or electronic binoculars (I suggest these two objects because they fit both in the rustic and medieval, as well as in the modern. I suggest binoculars ("scope") like those from Metal Gear Solid 3 xD Something with a loooot of zoom, powerful haha

I forgot that suggestion in my previous comment, but I seem to remember that there was a Telescope in the JAVA version, although maybe I'm wrong and that's why I wanted to suggest it.

Thanks for the answer about the smoke, it only remains to wait.

About the other things, more than anything I wanted to know if they are still in the plans, thanks for making everything so clear about the hinges, ships and fixing objects in the world.

I really love how the game is turning out, you can see the love put here. I have seen some videos on YouTube in my mother language (Spanish) and the new game is getting very good reviews, they say that the development has been a bit slow but that is because it is being done very, very well, with great care and attention to detail , meticulously and that's why the game is really being re-polished from its previous version. I'm telling you so that you take things easy and continue as you have done, I wish there were more games like this, so artistic and creative. Thanks for everything RED :D

• On the subject of lights, I meant that what interests me is that the lights are seen in the distance, not so much the models of torches and bonfires. Thanks for the tip on the configurable file, I'll give it a try, does it also make the lights look further away or just the torch models?

There is a separate max view distance setting for lights (which is configurable in the settings - right now the max limit is 500 blocks). You can, however, set a higher limit there manually by editing the "config.properties" file in the game directory (in the "_New Version" subfolder) and setting "Graphic_MaxLightDistance" to a higher value (then save the file, and restart the game).

But the light is always bound to the torch model, so irrespective of the "MaxLightDistance" setting, the light becomes invisible once the game detaches the related object. To increase the visible distance for the torches (and therefore also increase the visible distance for the actual light), you can use the setting mentioned in by post above ;)

I think it's good that you're taking the time to do it, at least for me the JAVA version map seemed very buggy

Oh, what kind of bug did you experience specifically? :wat:

Speaking of hints and plants again... There is a type of plant that thrives on the surface of the water a lot, a lesser known type of Water Lily, it would be great to have these plants in the game, since there are no floating plants yet I leave some photos of these particular type of water plant:

We have some plans for that, but unfortunately no ETA yet... maybe it will be added once we add more water types (and once we also have a less turbulent, calm water type) ^^

I forgot that suggestion in my previous comment, but I seem to remember that there was a Telescope in the JAVA version, although maybe I'm wrong and that's why I wanted to suggest it.

Yes, there was indeed both a telescope and a binocular in the Java version. We'll definitely add both to the new version as well :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!