Scaffolding Issues - Getting stuck at the top of the ramp and the Hatch piece is behaving strangely.

• I am getting stuck at the top of the scaffolding ramp every time I walk up it. I will provide pictures of the scaffolding piece for clarity. By getting stuck, I mean that I can't get past the top of the ramp without jumping. It seems to be due to the design of the scaffolding piece, as opposed to it being a bug, as the ramp actually connects under and behind the edge of the platform. So the edge of the upper platform gets in the way, like an obstacle that needs to be jumped over. I hope that makes sense but the pictures display this. I wonder if the ramp should perhaps connect flush with the horizontal platform/board at the top, to allow for a smooth transition between the ramp and the upper platform. So we can walk up the ramp to the upper platform without any jumping required. I feel that this would be a much nicer experience for all players. If it is a design choice or necessity, I understand and respect that of course.

I have also found a couple of issues with the hatch scaffolding piece. Or if not issues, I may be making a mistake. I tried to take Pictures of this also but my pc suddenly stopped working lol. So I'll try to explain as best as I can.

Firstly when I aim to place the hatch in the hole of the square tower scaffolding piece with the ladder, and press right ctrl, the hatch turns and fixes 90 degrees automatically, rather than staying in the original position to then be adjusted. Because of this 90 degree rotation, it can't open as it is obstructed by the frame or platform on the tower. More on this in the next paragraph.

Secondly, the hatch seems to lock into 1 orientation in this tower hole when I aim it into position, to that I can't rotate it with the left and right arrows. Which might ok, however I feel like the hinge should automatically fix to the opposite side to the ladder, as the ladder side is where the characters hands are to push the hatch up and climb through the hole. If that makes sense. It seems more natural and realistic to me at least. Currently the hinge fixes to the ladder side, for me at least. If it was rotatable, it wouldn't matter of course, but I cant rotate it. I do understand that the design of the tower only allows for 2 orientations of the hatch, as if it is rotated 90 degrees, it is obstructed by the side of the tower platform and can't open. It would be cool if it was at least rotatable 180 degrees so it could still open in 2 different orientations. Or even better if the tower was adjusted to allow the hatch to operate in all 4 orientations. For maximum customization and ease of use.

Hope this helps somehow. I really love the update as always, the scaffolding and the chests being my personal favourite parts of it :) Nice work! Cheers!

• Thanks for your feedback! :)

I am getting stuck at the top of the scaffolding ramp every time I walk up it.

Hmm... that's weird :wat: It never happened while testing it, but I can now easily reproduce this in a built game :thinking: We'll fix that ASAP!

Firstly when I aim to place the hatch in the hole of the square tower scaffolding piece with the ladder, and press right ctrl, the hatch turns and fixes 90 degrees automatically, rather than staying in the original position to then be adjusted. Because of this 90 degree rotation, it can't open as it is obstructed by the frame or platform on the tower. More on this in the next paragraph.

That's indeed a bit problematic... the issue is that when locking the element via CTRL, it uses the last rotation that was set for the element. But if it snaps to the hole, it doesn't overwrite the cached rotation (because that would cause other issues). We will find another solution for that ^^

Secondly, the hatch seems to lock into 1 orientation in this tower hole when I aim it into position, to that I can't rotate it with the left and right arrows. Which might ok, however I feel like the hinge should automatically fix to the opposite side to the ladder, as the ladder side is where the characters hands are to push the hatch up and climb through the hole

One thing you could do is flip the element (either by pressing END on your keyboard or by selecting it in the radial menu [c]) ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!