Hexagon Hud

• Hey everyone,

I am currently working on a hexagon hud (I know technically it's not really a hexagon..), which I would like to release some day (unfortunately it's too unstable to release it right now..). The reason why I am still making this thread is because I'd like to hear some feedback about the current state and especially about the design. The images are made by me with a similiar photoshop software called affinity (it took around an hour to make them). The center of the hexagon is still empty my idea was to add numerical stats besides the visualized bars or different data like selected weapon (Not quite sure yet). The bars are also animated with interpolation for a smooth transaction (I know it can impact the performance but I added a treshold to the update interval). So far the current version indicates four different player stats, which are health, stamina (not tracking correctly tho), hunger and thirst. Anyways take a look yourself:

Btw. here's my first attempt to make a hud but due to limitations I couldn't implement it as I wanted it so it's on hold for now

• Interesting idea, has a sci-fi feel to it ... but why don't you name it properly like Octagon HUD :lol:?

The center of the hexagon is still empty my idea was to add numerical stats besides the visualized bars or different data like selected weapon (Not quite sure yet).

I think too many stats would bloat up the hud, the idea with the current selected item is the best/straightforward in my opinion

• Interesting idea, has a sci-fi feel to it ... but why don't you name it properly like Octagon HUD :lol:?

I see.. for me it has more like a casual mmorg feeling cuz of the many stats and different colors.

Yeah, the name isn't really appropriate for this one. My first prototype was an actual hexagon but I had issues to properly scale the bars so it's on hold right now. This current version is just a proof of concept to see how the game handles the ui and animations, I will definitely make an actual hexagon hud for sure.

I think too many stats would bloat up the hud, the idea with the current selected item is the best/straightforward in my opinion

I also thought about that cuz as u said too many stats would unnecessary confuse the player and make it hard to have an clear overview. So it may makes more sense to just have a single ui stat, lets see if I can get current selected item to work. And thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate stuff like this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!