Posts by Preach

The title says all. Is there a possiblity to render the ui in worldspace? I'm not sure if Unity's UI toolkit offers a function for that but I know it's possible using the Unity's canvas. I also tried to use an asset with a canvas component but it didn't really work..

Mir ist beim zweiten update ein Typo unterlaufen *facepalm*. Die Property Bezeichnung aus der Config stimmte nicht mit einer Funktion überein. In der Funktion wurd nach ein "regularTeleportCooldown"-Value abgefragt (was natürlich in der Config nicht so vorhanden ist). Die Bezeichnung ist nun angepasst und das Plugin sollte (hoffentlich) auch in Multiplayer funktionieren.

Btw. danke für die Logs! Ohne die hätte ich die Ursache nicht so leicht finden können.

Why do the chat commands "sh home" and "sh sethome" have the designation "sh"? Is it possible to remove it?

I always use a prefix for my commands to differentiate it from other plugins. In case some plugins use the same commands e.g. (/list or /help), I want to avoid potential errors or any overlaping. For example, I also use the help command in my other plugin with a prefix as well and if I'd omit the prefixes it'd unnecessary confuse the player and probably cause an error.

Perhaps I could add a property to the config which could make the prefix changeable but Im not sure about this as I mentioned above.

Plugin updated to version 0.0.5

Check changelogs to see the changes

thank you very much for this very useful plugin.

is this really a rar file? tried to unzip it...windows says it's not an archive or it's corrupt? or is it already the jar file

That's weird, it is a rar file indeed. I will upload it in a different format

SimpleHome

Current Version: 0.0.5

Updated: 05/16/2023

Overview:

SimpleHome is a "SetHome" alike plugin that gives players the ability to set checkpoints (known as "sethome") and teleport to one (also known as "home"). The amount of checkpoints can be adjusted in the config. To distinguish the checkpoints, a name is required for each command (more info below). The plugin is configurable and offers a number of commands and of course also works in multiplayer.

Features:

• Customizable Checkpoints
    • Configurable
    • Teleport cooldown
    • Simple Database

Commands:

Command

Description

Usage

Example

/sh help
    Displays a list of commands/sh help/sh help
    /sh sethomeSet a home to your current position/sh sethome <name>/sh sethome home1
    /sh removehomeRemove a specific home/sh removehome <name>/sh removehome home1
    /sh homeTeleport to a home/sh home <name>/sh home home1
    /sh homesDisplays a list of your homes/sh homes/sh homes

Config:

After the initialization a config.json file will be generated inside the plugins folder. To apply any changes you've to edit the "value" property inside the given properties. A comment and a default value are also given for clarification. If you still have questions you can of course ask here.

Dependencies:

• pUtilities-0.0.1 (Already included in the download)
    • Gson (Already included in the download)

Credits:

SimpleHome and pUtilities are made by Preach

PS:
    It was not my intention to make this plugin, but because it was suggested in the forum, I took the time and programmed it. As the name of the plugin already suggests, the intention was to keep it simple without a GUI or some kind of effects.

Have fun!

Das wäre toll. Sollte für Multiplayer sein. Die Welten sind groß und wenn sich Spieler untereinander besuchen wollen, . Können sie zwar zum anderen Spieler teleportieren, aber nicht mehr zu ihrer Base zurück.

Bin zur Zeit etwas beschäftigt, werde dir den aber bis spätestens übernächste Woche liefern. Hab gerade etwas um die Ohren

// Edit:
    Deirdre hab die Zeit doch noch gefunden :D. Der Plugin ist im Forum verfügbar.

Hey ArcticuKitsu.

I like your idea, it sounds promising. I'm currently working on a plugin that also provides a GUI to the players. The concept partially overlaps with yours, without fictional NPCs and random rewards tho.

The concept of my plugin is as follows: a player is rewarded for their logins. The more often he logs in, the better will be his rewards (it depends on the admin to configure which rewards should be available for which login streak). In order to get better rewards, the player's login streak must reach a minimum value. However, the player has a certain period of time in which he has to claim to extend his login streak. If he missed a claim, the login series starts from zero again. Obviously there's also a cooldown for each claim to keep a balance and avoid abuse (default is 24h).

The gui looks like this at the moment (WIP)

Now back to your idea, it shouldn't be a problem to build a similar GUI to the examples above since it partly overlaps with mine (obviously not that pretty), but it will surely take a lot of time since only simple UI elements are available at the moment. The backend itself shouldn't take too long since its based on random timers which are easy to implement. I've a suggestion tho: Instead of specifying a preset of timers it would be cooler to have some sort of events that occur randomly in the GUI. Each event would have some sort of attributes that specifiy the kind of rewards you get and how long the timer would take. For instance you would have the choice of 3-4 events that offer different rewards and change every few hours.

Anyways, I have a lot to do at the moment. I also have another plugin in the todo list that I promised to make in the forums.

If I ever find the time and desire, I'll let you know. Unfortunately, it will probably take a while until then

It sounds like the main issue is that you call validateText when pressing the button, but since you have to wait for the callback results of multiple text fields, you can't just continue there? There is unfortuantely no way to get the text content of a text field directly (because the server first has to query if from the client)... but you could try the PlayerUIInputTextEvent - it's called once the player either presses enter (after typing a text) or when the text field lost focus. You could move the validation there and store the result for that text field, so when the player presses "Submit", you could just rely on the stored validation result :)

Thank you, thats what I was looking for lol. Idk how I overlooked something like that.. I probably should sleep more

Hello everyone,

is it possible to have an on-value-changed event or something for the text field? I am currently struggling to synchronize the input with my validator. I've a status value for each input which decides if an input is valid or not. Each time the submit button gets clicked the inputs are validating. Only if all inputs are validated the submit button will continue with the process. The only issue I've now since the way to fetch text data is a callback the status value isn't synchronized with the current status value, it's always one step behind. To avoid this problem you have to click twice on the button which is really annoying. It'd be a huge help if anyone knows a solution.

Here's a small demonstration to visualize the problem:

Here's the code snippet of my method:

Es gab damals in der Java Version ein sehr kleines Skript, mit dem man sich einen einen "sethome" setzen konnte und mit "home" wieder dorthin springen konnte. Sehr praktisch, um andere Leute zu besuchen oder auch sich ieinem Platz in einer Höhle zu setzen, um nicht immer nach unten buddeln zu müssen.

Wenn du wirklich Interesse an so einem Plugin hast, kann ich dir schnell einen programmieren. Hatte damals für nen Kollegen so ein Plugin gemacht, wobei der Spieler nur eine gewisse Anzahl an Homes setzen konnte.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if it will make it into the next update, but a ScrollView element is definitely on our to-do list :)

PS: Your UI looks very promising! :thumbup:

Thanks but I had to rewrite a lot:$

I had to rewrite the whole UI system cuz the positions were set manually (with setposition but relative to parent) and the child elements didn't fit well when scaling the frame.

I will wait for the next update I guess. Adding paginator doesn't look that good in my opinion.

I will later add screenshots of the current UI version

Hey,

Im currently working on a plugin which supposed to have an easy UI for newbies. Is there a way to have an scrollable element with a scrollbar etc.? Im thinking to make a paginator but I'd prefer the scroll method.

The ui looks like this so far:

Lao9sER.png[

Interesting idea, has a sci-fi feel to it ... but why don't you name it properly like Octagon HUD :lol:?

I see.. for me it has more like a casual mmorg feeling cuz of the many stats and different colors.

Yeah, the name isn't really appropriate for this one. My first prototype was an actual hexagon but I had issues to properly scale the bars so it's on hold right now. This current version is just a proof of concept to see how the game handles the ui and animations, I will definitely make an actual hexagon hud for sure.

I think too many stats would bloat up the hud, the idea with the current selected item is the best/straightforward in my opinion

I also thought about that cuz as u said too many stats would unnecessary confuse the player and make it hard to have an clear overview. So it may makes more sense to just have a single ui stat, lets see if I can get current selected item to work. And thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate stuff like this.

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on a hexagon hud (I know technically it's not really a hexagon..), which I would like to release some day (unfortunately it's too unstable to release it right now..). The reason why I am still making this thread is because I'd like to hear some feedback about the current state and especially about the design. The images are made by me with a similiar photoshop software called affinity (it took around an hour to make them). The center of the hexagon is still empty my idea was to add numerical stats besides the visualized bars or different data like selected weapon (Not quite sure yet). The bars are also animated with interpolation for a smooth transaction (I know it can impact the performance but I added a treshold to the update interval). So far the current version indicates four different player stats, which are health, stamina (not tracking correctly tho), hunger and thirst. Anyways take a look yourself:

Btw. here's my first attempt to make a hud but due to limitations I couldn't implement it as I wanted it so it's on hold for now

In that case it should be simple - you can cancel the event and then damage plant manually, for example you can use getDamage and multiply it on level (or any other system that you will implement). Event itself don't provide you the plant object, but it provides you getGlobalID method, so you can get this object from the world with getObject method and apply custom damage to it with setStrength. That should work fine (probably)

I will give it a try, thanks!

Wait, do you mean situation when player get damage from plant or when plant get damage from player (like tree cutting)? Event in the docs is about the second one

The second one of course when plant get damage from player :D (i.e. to increase the speed of cutting a tree) I mean it wouldn't make much sense for a level system to handle player damage from plant.

I think that there is no such damage for plants, most likely that they are not entities and have a separate object type. So you since you can't control thing that doesn't exist you will need to implement your own damage system for vegetation with these methods

Check the doc site, there's a GetDamage method for plants (check screenshow below). And also I've tested it locally, it tracks the damage as expected, but unfortunately I can't modify the value as I wanted :$

nlXyCDE.png

// Edit:

with plants I meant stuff like bushes which of course have a hitbox.. (sorry for the misunderstanding)