UI in worldspace

• The title says all. Is there a possiblity to render the ui in worldspace? I'm not sure if Unity's UI toolkit offers a function for that but I know it's possible using the Unity's canvas. I also tried to use an asset with a canvas component but it didn't really work..

• Sorry for my late response, but Unitys UI Toolkit unfortunately does not offer such a functionality directly :/ It has been on their roadmap for quite a while now, but progress there has stagnated, so I wouldn't expect this to come anytime soon...

The only way to achieve something like that would be to render the UI into a RenderTexture, but this has a number of limitations (e.g. no events), and right now there is no way to do that through the API...

If you just want to spawn a text in world space, you could use the Text3D object of the API. Alternatively you could create your world space UI (using uGUI, i.e. Unitys canvas) in Unity, store it in an Asset Bundle and load it as Prefab - but unfortunately you won't be able to get proper events from that.

Right now the game doesn't use world space UI so we have no custom solution for that unfortunately... :|

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!