• Steam or Standalone?
    Standalone
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Singleplayer + Multiplayer
    Error message?
    No
    Operating system
    Windows

Can't not down all the required files as in update launcher after a few files it either hangs or I get a ping failed message given in regard to the files downloading process. It is like the host server is timing out then it just hangs. I have allowed it through my firewall and tried several times but no luck. Some files download then it stops unless I restart the launcher then I may get a bit further each time. To be honest I have better thing to be doing with my time other than spending hours trying to get the game I paid for. I already own a working copy via Steam but I wanted a standalone copy also plus supporting the development of the game further but this has become frustrating to say the least. I hope you can resolve the issue asap. :crazy::dizzy:

• First of all, thanks for your support :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble downloading the game =O Unfortunately it's hard to tell what's causing this issue... I tried to reproduce it (e.g. by using a VPN to get an artificially higher ping or by randomly resetting my internet connection), but with no success :/

Do you use a wired or wireless (wifi) connection?

Maybe have a look if there is a log file for the launcher. It's located in your user folder under "AppData/Roaming/Godot/app_userdata/RisingWorld Launcher/logs" (you can get into the AppData/Roaming folder by pressing Windows Key + R and typing %APPDATA%). If there is a log file, please upload it here (or send it via PM to me) ;)

As a workaround, you could get the standalone running by copying the files from the Steam version. Just copy everything from the "_New Version" subfolder in your Steam game dir (to get there, rightclick on RW in your Steam lib -> Manage -> Browse local files) to your standalone folder. Just one minor change that needs to be done, go into the "Data/Plugins" folder and delete the "steam_api64.dll" (otherwise the game thinks it's a Steam version).

• Appreciate your timely response, thank you. However, I regret to say there appears to be no log file in the location suggested nor indeed did copying all the game files and deleting the "steam_api64.dll" as recommended, It simply just keeps replacing the deleted file. I have a new Wi-fi dongle being delivered tomorrow so hopefully that will resolve the issue. Thanks again red51 and can I say appreciate all your hard work on the game. I just love to build and it is by far the best game for that purpose I've played and what a talented group of players also using the game creating some awesome blueprints. Once again a big thank you for all your hard work and I can't wait for the next update.

• I'm sorry to hear that it still didn't work :( But it's weird that the "steam_api64.dll" gets replaced after deleting it, because the standalone launcher can't download that file :wat: Did you maybe place the standalone launcher in the Steam folder? In this case, Steam may interfere with that...

But after copying the files manually from the Steam folder, did the launcher still download any files? The launcher shouldn't download any files in this case (at least if you have the latest version installed in Steam), it will only verify the files. If that fails, for some reason, that may indicate that there could be another issue :thinking:

• I have did a fresh download of the file to a new folder on my second HD plus I have also replaced my Wifi adapter which gives test speeds of 400 Mbps download & 50 upload so is working fine. The launcher starts ok and begins updating files but as before appears to lose the connection and timing out giving the error "file download failed (9)", as seen in image below.

I also have difficulty with the website/forum and the connection is very slow so maybe the two are related. If I restart the launcher, and if it works, it takes forever to download files and at the rate it is going I'll be long dead before it completes downloading process lol!

• Hmm... error code 9 could either mean that no connection could be established, or that the SSL handshake failed. But if you have difficulty opening the website/forum, this is most likely related to this issue... our servers are located in Germany, so if you have trouble establishing a connection, it would affect both the website/forums and standalone download. It could be a routing issue then.

What anti-virus program do you use? Maybe it interfers with the connection... it could be worth a try to disable it tempory to see if this makes any differences. Do you use Windows 10 or 11?

• I use windows firewall and I have tried disabling it but didn't resolve the issue in the least. I have a working copy of the game so no big deal I suppose. Maybe I will have better luck downloading the file in the future. :D

• I'm so sorry to hear that :( It's a pity it still doesn't work...

Probably you could still get it working by copying the Steam files, but since even downloading small files seems to be problematic, you should try to copy the whole game folder from Steam instead: more precisely, copy the "_New Version" folder from the Steam version, then place the Standalone launcher in that folder. You still have to delete the steam_api64.dll in the Data/Plugins folder, but then you should basically be able to launch the standalone ;) Of course that's not a proper solution (and it doesn't solve the initial issue unfortunately)...

• Good news I noticed that the forums was loading much faster so I tried downloading the updates and it worked great, all files download really much faster, only took a coupler of minutes for the full update so the standalone version is tried and tested and working great. Don't know if you fixed something but thanks for all your assistance, much appreciated.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, asset, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, unitypackage, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!