element rotation while in manual (freeze) mode

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • I've searched the forums for this subject and everything I found was so old, its best to start a new thread. I thought I knew how to do this in the new version but I must be senile, or hallucinating. I can't remember how. I thought there was a key command to use for rotation once the element is frozen in the manual build mode (rt ctrl). But I am not having any luck.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I know about the pivot keys , and . but I thought that was for snapping to pivot points on the adjacent piece not for freely rotating to any degree chosen (down to .01 in the C menu).

With the old legacy method you could also rotate a beam manually from the center and snap pieces to those ends to make an arc or circle. Still possible? :thinking:

• you can indeed rotate while in manual positioning mode in the new version, you just have to HOLD DOWN right control while you do so. i overlooked it and complained about it over on steam, and red pointed it out to me.

Images

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• MommaT Rotating is still possible the old way. I usually have one or to settings, sometimes three. Rotation can be changed with action wheel or by console. Command is 'setr'. There are some new possibilities that may cause problems.

If an object is frozen it's ctrl right, that' correct. Or magnet function with Enter, sometimes makes problems, problems if the rotation mode isn't the choosen one. Sincec that update I have my problems as well , I have to check which rotation or which constellation I want to use.

• Thank you, AlphaGodith and Deirdre ! I knew it probably could be done but I just could not remember how.

Indeed it works. I had to have the snapping function (enter key) engaged and hold down the right control key while rotating. That's great. And I am writing down on my cheat sheet because I will surely forget again!

Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!