Playing game sounds

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Unfortuantely there is no such method in the new API yet :/ Using it was a bit tricky: Many built-in sound events couldn't be played properly (some required additionial parameters or had certain requirements). Most sounds also have an instance limit, so depending on the situation, it may or may not work. Not a very reliable API ^^

Was there a specific game sound you wanted to play? We could maybe add this to the Internals API instead^^

We've also plans to expose specific built-in sounds. We want to add a creative mode tool to place various sound effects in the world. We've prepared various generic sound effects for that (e.g. typical city sounds, machine sounds, vehicle sounds etc). Of course these sounds will also be exposed to the API once ready ;)

• I'm writing some code to do with animals, so mainly the animal alert sounds was what I was after.

In the old API I used code like this:

Java
    player.playGameSound("player_eat_tomato");
    player.playGameSound("pig_idle");

The reason I preferred using this as opposed to plugin added sound was for bandwidth reasons - the players already have these sounds locally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!