Reversi Set

• Is that GO set?

No it's Reversi or Othello is a variation of Reversi that uses the same board and pieces.

Reversi / Othello uses an 8 x 8 square board.

Go is played on the intersections, not the squares and is an 18 x 18 square (19 x 19 intersection) board

Go pieces are also single sided (one color) and much smaller.

• Never played either of them but have played both Go and Chinese Chess. I know just recently a computer defeated the world champion in Go for the first time and made another game useless making inferior humans exclude AI in order to compete.

• Never played either of them but have played both Go and Chinese Chess. I know just recently a computer defeated the world champion in Go for the first time and made another game useless making inferior humans exclude AI in order to compete.

After you asked about Go I ended up jumping in the game and making a Go set.

• HUH?

If you go to a lawyer for say a will, uncontested mutual consent divorce or something relatively simple, they could easily create one from the thousands they have done and just put your name on it but they won't. The personal lawyer will start from scratch with a new piece of paper, spend time researching and create a new document each and every time as if one never existed.

• If you go to a lawyer for say a will, uncontested mutual consent divorce or something relatively simple, they could easily create one from the thousands they have done and just put your name on it but they won't. The personal lawyer will start from scratch with a new piece of paper, spend time researching and create a new document each and every time as if one never existed.

Ahhh, okay got it. lol

Yeah the chess and checkers ones I was able to use the same gameboard and just recolor / retexture it, but the Reversi and Go ones....nope those little buggers wanted to difficult. lol Oh well, it's good practice.

• Ahhh, okay got it. lol

Yeah the chess and checkers ones I was able to use the same gameboard and just recolor / retexture it, but the Reversi and Go ones....nope those little buggers wanted to difficult. lol Oh well, it's good practice.

So how do you, One,see the dam little's to align them? I cannot seem to get close enough and have to keep switching back and forth in views to assure lining them up. They look lined up then I switch positions and realize that it is a 2d optic and it is not lined up.

Second, how to you get the smalls lined up because the 0.01 resolution depends on where the part is placed to move it and get it lined up? I typically start with a 'snap' so it aligns then move it.

• So how do you, One,see the dam little's to align them? I cannot seem to get close enough and have to keep switching back and forth in views to assure lining them up. They look lined up then I switch positions and realize that it is a 2d optic and it is not lined up.

Second, how to you get the smalls lined up because the 0.01 resolution depends on where the part is placed to move it and get it lined up? I typically start with a 'snap' so it aligns then move it.

Double tap "Y" to toggle zoom mode which makes it a bit easier to pick the pivot point you want. Then I go into manual position mode, scale the new piece down and then use manual pivot selection to line them up. The green pivot marker gets in the way when you're working that tiny so often times it ends up being a lot of trial and error to get it right.

Red and I had talked in a thread on the steam forums about the possibility of having that green pivot marker be able to be toggled on/off to make it easier to see when working in tiny.

There's some times that you need pieces to be even smaller than the 0.01 x 0.01 x 0.01 so that's when you blueprint it and then scale the blueprint down to get the size even smaller.

• OK great I got those green indicators and it just obscured my vision of the part completely. So it would be great to toggle them off and on. (actually I have never used the green indicators but they came on inexplicably last night when I was working on something.

I did have to blue print what I as doing and scale it down to place it and stop if from looking out of place so thanks for confirming that technique.

• OK great I got those green indicators and it just obscured my vision of the part completely. So it would be great to toggle them off and on. (actually I have never used the green indicators but they came on inexplicably last night when I was working on something.

I did have to blue print what I as doing and scale it down to place it and stop if from looking out of place so thanks for confirming that technique.

Yeah sometimes being able to blueprint and then scale down is a real life saver and then other times you wish you could use that trick but can't. The Reversi board for example the line between the squares is already 0.01 so to get the squares down to the size needed for the Go board it would have made the lines too small to continue to build off of using blueprint scaling, that's why I had to do it from scratch.

That green marker is from the manual pivot mode and definitely agree it blocks the view too much when working tiny. I usually have to rotate a piece to the proper rotation I want and then scale it down because otherwise you can't see it once you get to .10 or under.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!