bugs with play with friends

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • hi ,

I play a long time with my brother this game with the "play with friends"as always

but when he joined there are a few of bugs :

only for the joiner some chunks are glitched ( weird gapes and halfloaded chunks)

only for the joiner: he has 8/ 7 ping but it looks like more (when he click or activate something, it just react a few seconds later but he has good ping)

only for joiner: sometimes I see things( like a mined gape in the world) but he can't see it

only for admin: when he dies, his body just fully glitched (funny) and you see insane long gliched legs and weird texture enz.

hopefully red51 can fix these problems!

-CoenyRW/ G games on youtube

• CoenyRW Since last update it takes longer to load chunks on my singleplayer map. I have 32 MB RAM, a I9 processor, but loading needs more time, I mean to fill the chunks with 100 %.

When I play with a friend, the friend has more problems by loading chunks or ping. You share your world on your pc, you share the performance.

The glitches sound strange.

• Do you and your brother live in the same household?

If the chunk never loads, it indicates that something possibly interferes with the connection, most likely a firewall or antivirus program. An unstable connection (i.e a high packet loss, e.g. when using wifi) could also be responsible for this.

Please make sure that the game does not get blocked by an av program or firewall (in case of doubt, you can try to disable them and see if this improves the situation). This could be either on your machine or on the machine of your friend.

However, if it just takes very long to load a chunk, it's likely related to the bandwidth (i.e the "throughput") - although if your brother lives in the same household, that shouldn't be that relevant (unless there is packet loss, as mentioned above). If your upload bandwidth is too small, it takes quite a long time until all data is sent to the client. If you're using custom images (which also need to be downloaded by the client), the situation can get worse.

Do you use any plugins? Especially if the plugin adds any assets to the game, they also need to be downloaded which put a high load on your connection (i.e not enough remaining bandwidth to send the chunk data etc).

You could try to join a public multiplayer server and see if you experience the same issues there (this could help to find out if the issue is on your end or your brother's end).

yeah, my friend just getting stuck in unloaded chunks but the chunks just do not load anyway by him so he need to rejoin

If the player enters an unloaded chunk, he gets freezed automatically (otherwise he would fall into the void). Usually the game assumes that the chunk will be loaded sooner or later, but alternatively your brother can get out there by using the flying mode (by pressing F2). Another option would be to teleport your brother to you: to do that, open the player list (i), rightclick on your brother's name and select "Teleport player to me" ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!