Some bugs to report

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Not sure if these have been mentioned yet, but these are all bugs I have experienced and some other players on multiplayer have noticed them too.

1. Posters: When I first log into a server and hold a blank poster, I open the menu to choose an image, but none of my saved or previously used images are there. If I simply log out and back in, they become visible in the menu.

2. Sailboats: they seem to work flawlessly, but when in multiplayer on a server, I notice the sails and rudder (steering) become rubber-band like when a second player sits in the boat. Moving half way and jumping back even though the key was not released nor the sail fully unfurled. As soon as they jump out, everything goes back to normal. Also the second player does not remain on the boat if unseated, even though the driver remains on the boat when unseated and under-way.

3. Doors: When spawning in or respawning after a death, doors will appear to open but only visibly and not physically. Additionally the physical door remains unmoved, giving the visual that two doors are in place of one, the physical and visible remaining shut and the visible (ghost) being open.

4. Headlamps: the light from another players headlamp seems to flicker and strobe through blocks. I have not heard of other players having this issue, but remains consistent. When ever I have visitors to my town and their lamp is on, it seems to happen. However I don't seem to hear anything like that from other players.

• 1. Posters: When I first log into a server and hold a blank poster, I open the menu to choose an image, but none of my saved or previously used images are there. If I simply log out and back in, they become visible in the menu.

Hmm... do they only become visible if you log out? Or does it also help to close and re-open the image menu? :thinking:

2. Sailboats: they seem to work flawlessly, but when in multiplayer on a server, I notice the sails and rudder (steering) become rubber-band like when a second player sits in the boat. Moving half way and jumping back even though the key was not released nor the sail fully unfurled. As soon as they jump out, everything goes back to normal. Also the second player does not remain on the boat if unseated, even though the driver remains on the boat when unseated and under-way.

Thanks for letting me know! I will check out what's going on there ;)

3. Doors: When spawning in or respawning after a death, doors will appear to open but only visibly and not physically. Additionally the physical door remains unmoved, giving the visual that two doors are in place of one, the physical and visible remaining shut and the visible (ghost) being open.

That sounds weird :wat: Does it only happen in multiplayer? If that happens again, do you mind sending a report while looking at the door?

4. Headlamps: the light from another players headlamp seems to flicker and strobe through blocks. I have not heard of other players having this issue, but remains consistent. When ever I have visitors to my town and their lamp is on, it seems to happen. However I don't seem to hear anything like that from other players.

It seems that lights from other players don't cast shadows atm. We will change that with the next update :)

• I am taking advantage of the topic opened by Roen to report another bug, related to resized doors in blueprints.

I have a set of furniture in reserve that I would like to publish in the appropriate part of the forum, but when I create the blueprints of the furniture with resized doors, they are almost unusable because these doors change the external dimensions of the blueprint, which "levitates" when I try to place it on the ground. You will find an example bellow.

• Hmm... do they only become visible if you log out? Or does it also help to close and re-open the image menu? :thinking:

I tried a few things including re-opening the menu. The only thing that seemed to work was a relog.

Thanks for letting me know! I will check out what's going on there

No problem! Outside of those issues, I am absolutely in love with the sailboat, cheers!

That sounds weird :wat: Does it only happen in multiplayer? If that happens again, do you mind sending a report while looking at the door?

So far, all the reports I know of have been in multiplayer. I could not tell you if it is happening in single player as I don't really play it all that much. I've only had it happen once in multiplayer and had 1 other person say so as well in multiplayer (MR server). Yes, I will absolutely get you a log, if I can duplicate it. Seems to happen right after spawn or respawn, but its rare.

It seems that lights from other players don't cast shadows atm. We will change that with the next update :)

Cheers!

Outside of the growing pains, I would like to thank you for making this game and then remaking this game all over again. Even though RW Java was and is a fun game, RW Unity has reunited old friends and ignited new adventures! Although many of us can't wait to get all the old Java features and items back (like fishing), I can safely say that many of the new features and changes are almost always met with surprise and excitement. I for one can say that I have gotten a lot of use and enjoyment out of the sailboats, they are a perfect addition to my port town and a great way to explore! Anyway, thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication, there are whole worlds out there that we get to cultivate and enjoy and its all because of you. Danke red51

• I have a set of furniture in reserve that I would like to publish in the appropriate part of the forum, but when I create the blueprints of the furniture with resized doors, they are almost unusable because these doors change the external dimensions of the blueprint, which "levitates" when I try to place it on the ground. You will find an example bellow.

Thanks for the blueprint :) I was able to reproduce the issue, the scale for certain objects (specifically doors) was not properly taken into account... we will fix that with the next update! Fortunately the fix will also apply to existing blueprints automatically, so there is no need to recreate them^^

Outside of the growing pains, I would like to thank you for making this game and then remaking this game all over again. Even though RW Java was and is a fun game, RW Unity has reunited old friends and ignited new adventures! Although many of us can't wait to get all the old Java features and items back (like fishing), I can safely say that many of the new features and changes are almost always met with surprise and excitement. I for one can say that I have gotten a lot of use and enjoyment out of the sailboats, they are a perfect addition to my port town and a great way to explore! Anyway, thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication, there are whole worlds out there that we get to cultivate and enjoy and its all because of you. Danke red51

Thank you so much for your feedback and your kind words, I'm happy to hear that! :) :thumbup:

i can confirm this. the server console gives a desync message. ill try to find the log

A log would be very helpful for that ^^

• Thanks for the blueprint :) I was able to reproduce the issue, the scale for certain objects (specifically doors) was not properly taken into account... we will fix that with the next update! Fortunately the fix will also apply to existing blueprints automatically, so there is no need to recreate them^^

Thanks for the fix in the next update :)

If you can also make the green arrow of the seat visible when included in a blueprint that would be just perfect.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!