Problems with rotating the camera when 64-bit Java is installed.

• I tried playing this game with only 32-bit Java installed, and yes, it crashed when pulling a basic shelter out, but it worked just fine. Then I installed the latest version of Java 64-bit, and while everything is okay when moving with the WASD keys, the moment you rotate the camera the game goes from point A to point B with nothing else in between. Basically it's like if you took two screenshots of the game with the only difference being that the second screenshot was rotated about 15 degrees to the right. As you can imagine, this is all very disorienting, and while I've tried lowering every setting possible, the problem will not go away.

I've tried uninstalling Java 32-bit, and no difference was made, and even when I installed the updated 32-bit version of Java, the problem remained. As far as I can tell this is an issue with the 64-bit of Java, and I was wondering what I could do to cause the game to become more fluid.

EDIT: Updated the game via the Steam interface. Guess what? Now the problem is even worse. Turns out it no longer matters what version of Java is installed the game always freezes whenever the camera is rotated. I tried running with everything set as low as it would go, and no difference was made. Below is my system settings.

CPU: Hyper threaded 2.8 GHz

RAM: 32 GB

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7950

• When using the Steam version, the installed Java version does not matter, since the game uses an own JVM.
    Does the game freeze when rotating (so everything freezes, grass no longer waves in air etc.), or does only the movement freeze?

• Everything freezes...basically it is going from point A to point B with nothing else in between. As long as the camera isn't being turned everything plays as it should.

• Strange.. please open console when you're ingame (key ^ or ´) and type "report" (without quot. marks), then a file called "report" should appear in your game directory (steam/steamapps/common/risingworld). Please upload this file here.

• Did find something to fix the problem: I lowered the FPS in the config.properties file. It was set at 200, and I lowered it to 60. While the game is playable, I still want everything to be at the highest FPS, so I deleted the file, and restarted the game. Surprisingly enough everything worked on max settings. 8|

I don't know if there were errors in the original config file, and deleting it and letting it create a new one fixed it, but everything is working as it should. Still here is the log file just in case.

• Thanks for the log! Everything seems to be fine there.
    It's odd that deleting the file helped, but maybe some setting caused this strange problem. The main thing is, that it's working now ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!