A new small update is available! It does not introduce animals yet, but contains a lot of bugfixes, changes and brings a new tool: A rake, which is used to smooth out the landscape (you cannot smooth stone with it). It also turns grass into dirt.
Please give us feedback for this new tool, and tell us how to improve it
Please keep in mind that this is a "work-in-progress" tool, i.e. we will change the behaviour it in the future. The animation is also not the final one, and there is still one known issue with it: When smoothing out a small hole, you may fall through the floor. If that happens, press F2 as soon as possible to enable flying, which allows you to return to the surface safely
Apart from that, we also changed some game mechanics: First of all, the scythe and sickle were updated, they have a secondary action now. When using the primary action, they behave as before, i.e. cutting and removing grass. But when using secondary action, you only shorten the grass, instead of completely removing it.
We also changed the vertexcalculation for worldgeneration, which causes the world to generate now up to 40 % faster!
Last but not least, this update also contains major bugfixes: We fixed the screenshot bug, *finally* fixed the SSAO-bug on MacOS and Linux, and also fixed some other bugs.
- [New] New item: Rake, which is used to smooth out the landscape (and turns grass into dirt) (WIP)
- [Change] When using secondary action with scythe or sickle, you only shorten the grass instead of completely removing it
- [Change] Changed tooltip texts for sone, dirt etc.
- [Change] Removed vertexsharing for terrain, world generations now up to 40 % faster (causing more vertices in the scene, but that should be no problem)
- [Bugfix] Fixed the SSAO bug (unable to start the game when SSAO was enabled) on MacOS and Linux
- [Bugfix] Fixed screenshot issue (white borders) on some machines
- [Bugfix] Fixed the bug that you did not receive any resources from digging on terrain surface
- [Bugfix] Fixed crash when placing blocks on construction elements in some cases
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong itemcount when exchanging items in inventory
- [Bugfix] Fixed crash on Linux, related to erroneous shader
- [Bugfix] Fixed erroneous vertexcalculation, causing missing grass and collision for some chunks
- [Bugfix] Fixed a crash on Linux when using the ingame filebrowser for image upload