Lake & Ocean Ponderings

• That's something that could be looked into. Makes me wonder though.....

---------

Still do hope we can build ships on shore-lines & in drydocks to build them up piece-by-piece, similar to how Ark: Survival Evolved does its hut building. Basically to fill in ghost sections of the ship to see it being built up. If we can't then that be a real shame.

What I wanted to post about was the whole water physics with how one could 'drain a lake', if so desired. Imagine that, draining a lake to even flood caves & caverns. That's what Red said which had me thinking how you could use liquid storage tanks (even liquid carts for train transport) to make a man-made lake, to gradually drain lakes, or portions of an ocean to salvage sunken ships. Imagine patching up ships that have sunk by draining where the ship sunk to gradually repair & refloat it in a costly operation in a resource meaning. To make a vessel sea-worthy once again, then gradually righting it back onto its side to then make use of again. Maybe even possible ship-wrecks to claim as your own by making it sea-worthy that it could be towed & used as a museum piece back home, or something.

I'm imagining using a WW2 era destroyer on either Canadian, German, or Dutch (modded most likely; a scooner, sail boat, or similar works) to then create concrete walls that you would eventually break. Imagine having air tanks, scuba-gear, and etc to place & destroy blocks to control the water. You'll have more trouble in deeper water, yet should work Pearl Harbour style with their WW2 vessel type of thought.

I just can't help imagining WW2 vessels (Destroyers, and smaller) in this game, even ones you could mess around with by actually firing their deck guns, secondaries, and even sending torps off. Not the scale Red is seeking, just something I'm desiring in a mod while hoping the rest is in vanilla of being able to drain, repair, and refloat. Even using trains & etc to 'drain lakes' clean. Oceans would be trickier.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!