Here is a small but important update. Unfortunately it does not introduce ores yet, we're still working on it
This update is mainly about multiplayer, since especially larger servers had some severe issues in the past. This update should fix all major problems and improve performance, especially concerning chunk loading.
Basically this also affects singleplayer.
Apart from that, this update finally introduces optional password protection for your multiplayer server, also the server output is now written into a log file (this might be interesting for Windows servers).
See the full changelog below. Stay tuned!
- [New] Added password protection for multiplayer servers (set 'server_password' in your server.properties file)
- [New] Multiplayer servers can now disable the "makeadmin" command (set 'settings_makeadmincommand_enabled' to false)
- [New] Serverlog is now written to a file (subfolder "Logs") if enabled (set 'settings_create_serverlog' to false to disable it)
- [Change] Improved performance for SQLite and MySQL (especially for multiplayer servers)
- [Change] You receive localized messages now when getting kicked from the server (not by admin)
- [Change] Slightly improved animal sync (avoiding flying animals in certain situations, still needs a lot of work)
- [Change] Player id in multiplayer now begins with 1 instead of 0
- [Bugfix] Fixed problem with animals (animals not moving sometimes)
- [Bugfix] Fixed some connection issues
- [Bugfix] Removed old duplicate entries in chest table
- [Bugfix] Fixed bug with ingame time in multiplayer
- [Bugfix] Fixed erroneous chunk loading on large worlds
- [Bugfix] Fixed a problem when converting a world with empty tables (e.g. empty chests table)
- [Bugfix] Fixed a problem causing the conversion to abort when there are invalid items in any player inventory
- [New] New command 'cleanup [type]' to delete all items, chopped trees or corpses in the world
- [New] Admins are now tagged as "[Admin]" in playerlist (multiplayer)
- [Change] MarkingStatus object (Lua) for callback function of 'player:disableMarkingSelector' is now false when no start or endposition is defined
- [Bugfix] Fixed inventory issues in multiplayer when using MySQL
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue which prevented you to remove construction elements in rare cases
- [Bugfix] Fixed server logging to file
- [Bugfix] Fixed issues with growing plants
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue causing items not to despawn in some situations
- [Bugfix] Callbackfunction (Lua) for 'player:enableMarkingSelector' does work now
- [Bugfix] Fixed issues with database access ("database is locked")
- [Bugfix] Fixed problems with clients not disconnecting correctly (multiplayer)
- [Bugfix] Fixed problem causing the client to crash in rare cases