a little sugg

• can you add a hook because in a cave we fallen and we don't have any system (F2 yes but it's nor RP) to back in the begining of the case

with a hook or a rope we have the possibility to get down in the cave with 0 damage :thumbsup:

• Hello all!
    I just picked up the game yesterday and was so won over by it I decided to actually join the forums and participate in the community (usually I play single player or LAN with my friends/family and don't bother with the forums). I have to say I'm impressed with everything so far, the game, the commitment of the devs and the wonderful suggestions and calm debates and ideas I've seen presented on the forums. I very much have my hopes up here!

With that out of the way, I had the exact same thought as Walker1998 here as I was playing. Some of the caves are more "giant gaping hole in the ground" and some way to get down into them without digging down along the wall or just cheating with F2 would be great. I was thinking along the lines of hammering in braces at the top and attaching a rope ladder to them that could be climbed up/down. The braces could be placed similarly to the torch holders and the ladder mechanism is already in game. Just a thought!

• Seeing as how this is Rising World this should open up some nice unique ways to get out. I agree with you folks.

1) Claw hook + rope: Throw this in the direction you want to climb to then 'aim' and throw. You can now climb up, as if on a ladder.
    2) Simple mechanical hook: The type you fire out of a gun (modern) you could easily move around.
    3) Rope Ladder: Could easily drop down a rope ladder next to an opening to then allow yourself & others to drop in and out of the cave as any other ladder.

People going to be getting trapped more often, especially with biomes going to be added & added onto. I can also find a multi-purpose use to this of climbing your WIP structures. Patch in those holes while making stairways when digging down! Accidents do happen though with some survival rope needing to be added.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!