This is for Ozzy who is overly curious about my plans to establish Arcticu City in Rising World, if and when I do. The loose lay-out being in an attachment below for both you & others to check out. I really do want to share Rising World screenshots so this thread is instead me rambling & giving the information to Ozzy.....I guess I'll be joining you folks in autumn or winter of 2015 when this year can stop trying to kill me, especially for the after-effects of Minecrafting too hard.
Arcticu City has been founded in Vanilla Minecraft with an ex-blogger back during the golden-years of 2011-2013ish. It was poorly built at first, yet contained lovely skyscrapers that grew in size with more mods added. The second version struggled to take form in a modded FTB pack with the third being closer to its former glory, possibly even surpassing it in Minecraft's Realms hosting. My past comrade left me, thus seeing the Empire crumble after putting numerous hours that could have been spent on real-world matters. Fine times were to be had, yet great accomplishments were to be seen through large settlements, tons of resources found, and great railway breakthroughs to be used.
Arcticu City is supposed to be the gem of what other games failed to have me do in Civilizations games - to be a vast glorious city & Empire in a giant endless world. To build up to the sky, to connect to one & all, an to experiment proudly. Everything within Arcticu City being aimed at pleasing the tourists while proudly displaying the landscape around it. A proud red & white flag to be hung with each and every accomplishment to be seen.
(Arcticu Empire is basically my take on militarizing Canada while still making it look beautiful. More beautiful than the whiny city council & politicans ever would.)
[Best to imagine the map squished with it being 'too wide'. It's a rush-job thanks to troubles. Proper to be seen later.]
- Light-brown: Main road being a reference to sandstone roads in Minecraft thanks to their smoothness.
- Light-grey: Still main-roads, just more side-roads for the downtown area.
- Top-Middle: Hybrid City Hall & Government building for the whole Empire. Still debating on a single or triple tower connected to one through bridges. Above that (off image) shall contain a garden area containing festivities the city managed to celebrate. Things like Canada Day, Christmas & etc from when it's birthed in RW to when it inevitably falls for various reasons.
- Middle: Garden for scenic viewing for general travel from one building to the next and to enjoy your stay in the city. To be lined with any exotic trees (preferably sakura or static red autumn trees) with a fountain in the middle containing a (hopefully customizable) statue of myself.
- Middle left & middle Right: Lining the main fountain road shall be touristy type towers containing bakery, hotels, apartments, restaurants, libraries, among other things that RW inspires and makes use of.
- Bottom Middle: Two museums possibly going to be merged as one in the roadway.
- Bottom: The triangles being a split museum to contain numerous amounts of custom images relating to Shinki Renge (my avatar) & Varakitsu (My humanoid blog mascot with arctic fox traits from the anime real). This hopeully being in time for when posters are enabled to be shared in an unlimited manner. Left side being Renge's side with red & Vara to have the right side with white.
- Red Circle & White Circle: Shinki Renge statue (the best I can); White being Varakitsu while hoping to have an NPC of herself there. Both being as large as their Minecraft counterpart while being seeing from a long-way away.
- Far left & far right: Your industrial type of builds dealing with resource managements, smelting, resource drop offs, cargo vehicle drop-offs, train station, among other important matters. (I guess it could be in a "U" shape surrounding the city.
- South (off image): Anything extra to expand on that Rising World expands on. More tall skyscrapers while also tending to other things (minus farming. That's left to my starting area.)
- Things To Expect:
You're going to have to expect a certain style (culture) in my empire. You're going to obviously find it tricky with it being a mixture of my past Minecraft settlements merged into one. Lots of Anime related influences with me taking inspiration from there and from real-world places.
- Trams & Trains: Whenever Red decides to add in trains & trams then I'll be making heavy use of them. The train shall be found on the "U" skirt of the city, all past the touristy area. Shall have the trams take the main roads, even simple routes going to specific places. As for them being automated,.....Find a way to personally use them.
- Exotic Trees: Whenever more trees are added you can bet to find certain types lining the roadways in my settlements. You're bound to see anything that's 'Cherry Blossom', Red, or maybe even simple 'birch" for the Minecraft call-back.
- Renge, Varakitsu, Minecraft & Anime Posters: There shall be loads of these. If they can be seen, that's something other. Shall see loads bringing up my own images of Renge, my own of Varakitsu, and loads for my old Minecraft days. Same with a far-off naval base dealing with the newer KanColle base, if and when we get boats.
- Customized NPCs: Seeing as how we'll be able to use them as 'stores' I'll be having them up there. I do hope we can supply them through chests or their inventory for others to barter for. Even to inform tourists. Hopefully I can add Vara, as mentioned below.
(Also hoping to recreate my 'fishery' building based on a real world building in Ottawa. Same with a 'lodge' for pleasure boats & my own Canadian cabin on the outskirts. Hoping to build next to an ocean to make use of actual boat cargo trade and to have a 'destroyer' fleet let loose in actual ship form or static build. Wanting to also take over an island to turn into a submarine base to turn into a hybrid functioning & poster museum of my Silent Hunter 3 & KanColle exploits.
- Features Needed or Desired:
Some features that I need to make the most of Arcticu City, or even benefit from in the long run. Not wanting to be pushy or greedy, yet what I'm expecting from Rising Worl in one manner or another eventually. Something hopefully vanilla, yet modded in quality would be also welcomed.
- Varakitsu NPC: Whenever Rising World completes I do hope to find myself being able to customize one of the NPCs to be my follower, or at least a semi-static NPC wandering various places. Basically needing white long hair, white fox ears, and white tail with a cat-demon type blue eyes for a female character NPC Comrade. Being able to add those sorts of accessories would go a long way. It would make my sessions more enjoyable if I could customize the NPC Traders with the fox ears, fox tail, eyes, and female gender her. At the least, I'll have her 'spew' text for the curious. With the world being so vast in RW I would love to see some form of 'follower' feature for immersion & to see my 'original character' alive in it.
- Trees in Variety/Exotic: I have faith in Red on this one, yet shall be seeking out Sakura trees, pink or purple Crab Apple trees, or even anything that's static autumn or goes autumn. I would try to alternate my roads with the tree blooming per season.
- Cargo Trucks: To use the main roads on my own or on people's server to transport goods around. I'll be using trains, yet trucks can still do a load of great tasks. I of course shall make full use of the horses & camels also. This being your standard, liquid, and resource types.
- Trains & Trams: Hopefully I can make use of whatever train Red adds in a cargo function. Being able to haul food, resources, and liquids around without worries. I'm big on trains while going to be using them heavily. They're going to be a big part of my Empire.
- Customizable Statues: Both copying your person at the time & to add with whatever clothing item is added into the game. This being needed for the fountain to show myself & even "Varakitsu" off. I'd be placing a few of such in the fountain area, same with in the museum.
- WW2 Destroyers (Canadian or German): This being more of a jest with us hopefully being able to arm ourselves on the high-seas. Seeing as how we're getting light firearms I wouldn't mind seeing some 'light' ships to defend our coastlines from hostile water threats. Threats being possible pirates, hostile modern ships & etc. I would happily dump my resources into building a Destroyer fleet of the Canadian, or even German Destroyers in origin. I would happily make myself familiar with the Z# type ships while hoping to get HMCS Haida for all the time Canadians were forgotten in war games. I would also happily field armed sail-boats with canons, yet be happy with Destroyers of WW2 era in this game. If any, I'd expect Germans as an easteregg over anything else....Hopefully this isn't seen as rude as modding ain't my skill; Building actually is.
- Decoration Red blocks: I've seen white, yet have yet to see decorational red types. Haven't seen anybody scrolling through any with me needing variety in such. Same with coloured glass to replicate & modernize my past builds in Rising World.
I hope you're happy, Ozzy. This post was for you. I can obviously post more building plans as time goes on, just that the more I know & can play RW the better I can update you. I can't wait to start building instead to show off the pride instead of texting & hinting/teasing it. That is if I don't die in 2015 with troubles between now & autumn/winter >_>