Aircraft Thoughts

• Well......I did post it twice (once on steam & once here) that we're going to be seeking to fly aircrafts in a survival manner sooner or later with our colonizations. I'm not expecting it, more so with the render distance and how it would hit the system hard. Just that Red51 shall be hearing more of it the deeper he shall be going into development so I'm just being a 'devil's advocate' type person with players siding against Minecraft to make this game stand out. I'm also itching for such when thinking of Rising World's future, especially with the distances you'll have to travel. With larger distances, the more people shall seek quicker methods of travel to get back to their area, especially in other types of roles it'll play.

I'm going to basically echo what I've seen others mention also that if Red is to add any aviation type, that it should be an airship (steampunk) type, or a propeller type. I'll list them below, just not the airship with it already suggested & considered.

-----

- Plane Type - Propeller:

[For those seeking to push Rising World, and fly, would want to see some sort of plane. I recommend the Twin-Otter over the three for it's multi-purpose abilities, more so in multiplayer. If we're going to have planes then I would highly recommend chosing prop planes, especially ones that has proven itself to be overly useful & should be more resource friendly on the computer when compared to jet aircraft. Not suggesting the Cessna because it's a dated piece of crap that never bothered to modernize itself. They should be slow, yet reliable while allowing the chunks to load below them.]

- Twin-Otter - Three Variants: Land type being the most common & smaller of the three. The float (water) varient being larger to carry people, and may be configured to carry more cargo. There is also a snow-ski version that can be mixed between the two to make this plane be a heavy-use backbone aircraft for people's server. It's role can me viewed as a survival-explorer, cargo delivery, passenger transporting, and rescue plane. It has a very short take-off and landing radius that you can pretty much treat this plane similar to it's Grand Theft Auto 5 counterparts with a few feet needed. For the snow variant, I would just leave it to equipping the normal one with the snow skis to then take off with a tool at your area you made an 'airport' at which should it simplified in a way. The skis should lift to allow landing on warm land.

- DHC-4 Caribou: Another STOL (Short take-off & landing) aircraft to recommend to the survivalist wanting to transport cargo & people around the map. This one could specialize in long-haul cargo flights for the map for the more busy servers. More of a land aircraft that any other 'Coast Guard' or 'rescue' purposes being limited.

- DHC-5 Buffalo (CC-115): Same as the above two, just that it shares more ties with the Caribou. Unlike the Caribou, this plane can be configured with equipment to 'track' lost adventurers. Basically meant as a 'search & rescue' aircraft while also being a STOL aircraft. A back-bone to rescue, treat, & mend patience with accidents. That type of role can easily be carried over into servers for role-play fun.

-> Twin Otter & Buffalo videos under spoiler:

----------

- Helicopter Type:

[I would assume that these helicopters would be far more resource friendly on the computer with their slower & more controllable abilities. The ability to hover, double-back, and etc. These could be used to transport much needed supplies to hard-to-reach locations, even ocean bases, that they would be quite a nice asset to players. Again, could be given that 'search & rescue' ability on servers to find & rescue players.]

- NH90: A very modern German-European helicopter meant for a military role, yet could be put into civilian use. Suggesting this because it could be used as a heavy 'search & rescue' helicopter to also transport people around their heavily built settlements. Basically to ship supplies quickly, to rescue those lost, and to also assist with light construction. Anything when you become resourceful with your vehicles.

- Bo 105: A more civilian manner for some general scouting and exploration. For those that choose to travel could use this mode of transportation to plan their builds without having to go into creative mode. Basically to also get into places that planes & other vehicles can't.

- MBB/Kawasaki BKK 117: Same as the Bo 105, just another type to choose from when compared to the NH90 & Bo 105.

--------

- Map Rendering Issues & GPS:

1) Render issue:
    Being far too familiar with the type of lag & chunk loading I could see Red51 holding off on this for about 2 years or so. I have Pixelmon & Traincraft (mods for Minecraft) to both tell me that games like these have issues with flying and the way chunks load There's also a new recent game called Lego Worlds also with vehicles & mounts that is exploring this, just not yet where they should behave yet. I'm simply worried for Rising World with the amount of detailing it shall be going to, especially in heavily populated areas. You'll have to build airports or operate these planes outside of people-populated areas to make the most use of them, if on a lower PC. Pixelmon & Railcraft both suffered with this issue with chunks loading slow, same with the mounts & carts bouncing, jerking, and rubber-banding. Worried for planes in Rising World for this reason. I'm hoping in the long run that the planes shall outway the cons with them being able to supply cargo, transport people long distances, and even rescuing lost players occasionally.

2) GPS:
    The way I could see people not becoming lost is to basically insert a GPS within the cockpit by tagging their 'home' location. Would also help if the cockpits were 3D (FSX) while behaving in a more arcade manner in controls. I don't expect flight sim, just enough to fly & land. For the rendering & navigation I would highly recommend having your planes be equipped with GPS, even if you have to insert it as an after-plane built object. Having to personally insert it to navigate around the terrain to read your personal GPS device. Here, you can 'hard-set' your home airport to then choose where you want to travel on the map (think Skyrim & GTA 5 here) with you then being able to have some form of guidance. The 'hard-set' the other hot-points, you would have to add & lock them in through an option similar to how you hide bodies, but in the GPS. This option would be most useful, more so, when weather is added & when you're flying blind without chunks.

I guess one could also recommend flying high to make sure one does not hit the terrain below, and to become familiar. This is where the GPS becomes useful to also guide you with a 'straight to the point' GPS. Just a line you'll try to keep on to make sure you reach your Skyrim + GTA 5 straight line. It doesn't have to know if there is an unexplored chunk, just be able to guide you in a line from Point A to point B. That, and setting 'markers' to make note of where you may have built your airport.

(For those with low-end PCs should stick to trains. Let's have some competition that way by making both land & air vehicles useful!)

-------------

Again, not fully expecting these planes. Same with those exact types. Would be nice if they were those makes, just that I'd expect some 'originality' that is aimed at slipping past copyrights & licenses & all that mess. If they're added then these planes may make digital Rising World life easier when traveling distances & to reach spots one would have issues reaching. Imagine the speed of colonization when people play pure survival. I'm basically imagining wild bush-life while being able to ship a good amount of cargo at the same time. Rising World is also to blame for having this kind of potential, and same for Pixelmon, and now Lego Worlds for spoiling the crap out of me for something vanilla MC failed to explore. This should be good because it should push Rising World also. What I'm viewing would benefit this game in the long run with less people seeking cheaty teleports.

I'm also 100% certain that people shall be pushing for this to make Rising World overly superior to others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!