[ERRORLOG]Game crashes after 9-20 seconds, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

• The game starts to launch but then after the launching window closes, nothing happens.
    The process needs to be terminated manually otherwise I can't try launching again.

My specs are:
    Ubuntu 14.04
    i5 3750k quad core
    Nvidia GTX 660
    16 GB Ram.

Other Linux Steam games launches without any problems.

• Thanks for the reply! I've tried but this error pops up
    "Error: Unable to access jarfile server.jar" do you know where the specific file is located?

• could be a video card driver problem by the looks have you installed the lateist drivers??? problem with linux is very poor drivers and they dont often update

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • This looks indeed like a problem with the graphics card driver. Please install the latest Nvidia driver, there should be a newer version available. Eventually it could also be related to 32 bit, then you can try different start parameters, but you should try to update the graphics driver first :)

• Thanks for the reply!
    I've successfully installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU. The problem still persist. Here is the newest errorlog.
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=VpPLD9DD

thanks yeah if your upto date with video card drivers if i was you i would reinstall ubuntu with the AMD64bit OS not the 386 32bit i know it says AMD64 witch can confuse someone with a
    intel cpu but the AMD64 is just the name oO, it will work fine with your i5, infact it will work far far better, i have helped another user who also had video card errors do this and it solved his problems he also installed 64bit java witch he thinks helped too

go here to see what this guy did he had same problem and we solved it Can't create world 10/12% bug

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited once, last by yahgiggle ().

• When the issue still persists, it may be related to 32 bit as mentioned. Updating to 64 bit as @yahgiggle said definitely makes sense if you have more than 3.5 GB RAM installed.
    Alternatively you can try to change the launch parameters of the game: Go to the Steam library -> rightclick on Rising World -> Properties -> Set Launch Options and try the following lines (if the first one does not work, try the next one etc):
    +memory 768 768
    +memory 768 512
    +memory 1024 768
    +memory 1024 512
    +memory 512 512

• Okay thanks to both of you for replying once again!
    I will try the lines red51 provided, if that doesn't work I might change my os, not sure if i'll bother but thank you very much for replying.

• Thanks for the info on the linux OS bit confusion, I did not realize that, rather stupid to name it
    AMD but I guess some people just wants to see the world burn.
    May this be the cause that any game I play on linux lags? (not fps lag, just twitching and weirdness.)

• Decided to swap my OS to 64 bit, in hope of overall performance increase, thanks alot.
    I really appreciate it. I will post a reply in terms of how the launches or not(betting it will :D).

• Thanks for the info on the linux OS bit confusion, I did not realize that, rather stupid to name it
    AMD but I guess some people just wants to see the world burn.
    May this be the cause that any game I play on linux lags? (not fps lag, just twitching and weirdness.)

been that the cpu is a 64bit cpu and the fact that 32bit only alows for 4gigs of ram max to be used and the fact the data can move more free, the 64bit os is a far batter option for smother running and faster computer so its a win win
    even if this does not solve your problem you will sill see improvements making it a good option.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I'm not even running the latest driver update for my card atm, so it was definitely updating to 64 bit that solved my problem.
    thanks for the responses :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!