Player Communication

• Hello Everyone,

Highest on MY wish list would have to be getting a push to talk proximity voice chat for players to interact w/out that cumbersome "T" text chat. TeamSpeak is a viable alternative of course and I use it often when communicating with fellow Admins but many players either don't have TS or don't want to use it. I think that the prospect of relatively private interaction between players with the simple act of pushing a button would tend to encourage communication and give the environment a much more personal feel.

• I would argue that most people with a microphone that actually use it in games, regardless of whether they have a dedicated headset or use speakers, most likely already use some form of voice chat program - whether Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrillo, Skype or some other alternative. As much as it would be nice to have such a feature, I'd consider it a low priority, considering the numerous alternatives and complexity with adding in voice chat to an engine that doesn't natively support it (I'm guessing, otherwise it would already be implemented?).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!