The Deadlands Server (win.thedeadlands.net:30500)

• Go into your risingworld install directory and take a look at the info file in a text editor. It will have errors pertaining to disconnects.

• <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>run.sh</string>
    <key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
    <string>shortcut.icns</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

• Each time the server hangs, whether it doesn't load the terrain, causes players to not be able to interact with the world, or causes a connection error, I always see this type of error spammed a LOT in the log: "Dec 12, 2014 10:31:46 PM t.d a
    WARNING: PlayerConnect: NpcInitSpawn remaining bytes smaller than required bytes" And this one: SEVERE: Fatal error occured:
    Dec 12, 2014 10:04:35 PM server.Main handleError
    SEVERE:

Direct Memory:

There isn't any real useful information in the log at all.

• I notice that sometimes my I lose control of my area. I usually have to add myself as owner again. Until I have fully extended the AreaProtection, if that happens to you, let me know and I will add you back to your area.

• Yay I just logged in and I can pick up things now =) I'm excited to play on your server! I have a friend who will join me tonight and my fiance is playing with me now!

• So, my fiance can't find the main buildings he spawned at and I set up an area far away and don't know how to get him to where I am, any ideas? =D By the way, we are both on steam too.

• I'm unable to connect to the regular server it just says connecting... and I get a connection error. I clicked on the test server and I connected the first time plus when I got on my wall had a hole in it.

• There is definitely a problem with the AreaProtection script. When the server reboots, all rights are removed. I am going to investigate, but if you have had an area defined and don't have the ability to modify your area, please let me know. I will go through and assign folks to areas that I know. I labeled the areas with your player name, so that should be easy.

• So, my fiance can't find the main buildings he spawned at and I set up an area far away and don't know how to get him to where I am, any ideas? =D By the way, we are both on steam too.

Hold tab and use the distance between you and your fiance to find each other.

• This is just a reminder that if you are on my test server, it could become unstable, re-mirrored from the main server, or wiped at any time. The main server should never be wiped unless a game update requires it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!