Cave generation

• Theoretically you can enable caves by editing the world SQLite database manually: Go into the "Worlds" folder in the game directory, then into your particular world subfolder, there is a file called "[yourworldname].db". You can open this file with an SQL editor (for example Navicat). Go into the "WorldInfos" table and change the value of "Caves" to true. Caves will be enabled on your world now.

But: Unfortunately this is not a good idea, since it may cause visual glitches between old and new chunks (i.e. texture glitches, holes in the world, caves leading into void etc.) :!:

• Theoretically you can enable caves by editing the world SQLite database manually: Go into the "Worlds" folder in the game directory, then into your particular world subfolder, there is a file called "[yourworldname].db". You can open this file with an SQL editor (for example Navicat). Go into the "WorldInfos" table and change the value of "Caves" to true. Caves will be enabled on your world now.

But: Unfortunately this is not a good idea, since it may cause visual glitches between old and new chunks (i.e. texture glitches, holes in the world, caves leading into void etc.) :!:

Red, I have actually done this by removing the unmodified world files in the world directory then going into the main db , changing caves to true and deleting all of the chunk info and the world part info. It worked for me but I would not recommend anyone try it on a server. All of my worlds were single player and the removed world files just were regenerated. As far as the existing world files. Caves did appear but sometimes there were glitches. I have also copied some world files from 1 world into another and the result was "interesting" to say the least :) I have done more then I care to say to the db files and sometimes it was good an other times it was not so good :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!