New to game. Have video questions

• There's no wiki (yet, hint, hint), and I've seen the 'getting started' video. (Had questions about how to make sticks and lack of pig 'drops', which the vid answered.)
    Also finally got my java problem fixed so it will run (Win 8.1 needs both 32 and 64 bit java).... but:

* How can I get it to run full screen (even though I have "full screen" checked) when running at less than native resolution?
    * I just bought what I thought was a "gaming" laptop. i7, 16 gig ram, NVidia GTX 850 (2 gig video ram) card. Will run anything else with no problem, but this game brings it to it's knees! Lots of constant stuttering and lag. I've turned the 'graphic quality' to Low, unchecked half the goodies on the right side of the graphics option screen, and same problem. I've also tried reducing the resolution. It 'windows', but won't go full screen, same stuttering and lag (but not quite as bad). Am I missing something? Any tricks to getting it to run smoother (like in the video)?
    Right now it's like a beauty queen with a lisp- looks good, but....

On the flip side, this game has mega potential! Really glad I got in on the ground floor so I can watch it grow. :D

• full screen doesn't work for me either,nor does changing the resolution,I'm almost positive these things are placeholders at the moment for future updates.did you dl this game from steam or the standalone via rising worlds website? I didn't know they made gaming laptops? how much of your hard drive is free at the moment?

• The wiki is currently in the works ;)
    About fullscreen: It should work, but on some systems (especially on Mac) it cause a crash when fullscreen is enabled when an unsupported resolution is selected. Make sure you save your settings when changing.
    About the performance: It's possible that the game only uses the integrated Intel HD graphics card, which is much weaker than the GTX 850. When you're ingame, open console (key ^ or `, depending on your keyboard layout) and type "system" (without quotation marks). Then you will see the active graphics adapter (3rd line, labeled as "Graphics"). If it is not the GTX 850, you need to manually assign it to the game (can be done in the nvidia control panel).

Thanks for the nice words! ;)

• I get it's alpha. It's got a long way to go, but no where to go but up. Future updates are going to be 'interesting', to say the least. I downloaded it from Steam.

Sure they make 'gaming laptops'. Mine's an Asus N550J, and I only paid $1250 for it. I got the 256gig SSD. Actually, it came already partitioned, spit into C: and D:. I'm not worried about room- I have virtually all of D: left.

Edit: You're right, red51, it's using the Intel HD 4600 graphics- which, considering, it runs pretty good. Next is to figure out the NVidia Control Panel. Can't find the Rising World app in the CP to change it, even browsing for it (darn you Steam!) but I'll figure it out. At least I know what the problem is. Thanks a bunch!

• I get it's alpha. It's got a long way to go, but no where to go but up. Future updates are going to be 'interesting', to say the least. I downloaded it from Steam.

Sure they make 'gaming laptops'. Mine's an Asus N550J, and I only paid $1250 for it. I got the 256gig SSD. Actually, it came already partitioned, spit into C: and D:. I'm not worried about room- I have virtually all of D: left.

ah sweet!

• Ah ha! Finally got the NVidia problem fixed so the game uses the card. Big difference! Now I can finally really play the game. Thanks again, red51. Looking good. Woo Hoo!

• About the performance: It's possible that the game only uses the integrated Intel HD graphics card, which is much weaker than the GTX 850. When you're ingame, open console (key ^ or `, depending on your keyboard layout) and type "system" (without quotation marks). Then you will see the active graphics adapter (3rd line, labeled as "Graphics"). If it is not the GTX 850, you need to manually assign it to the game (can be done in the nvidia control panel).

Thank you! Had real trouble running this game on my GTX 860 (at least I thought it would run with the graphic card :P) with very bad settings. Only got around 30-40 frames, now I have the same result with highest possible settings :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!