Do I have to update everytime i load the game up?

• First of all, I'm glad someone has finally made a procedurally generated world without the blocks. But everytime I quit the game and restart it I have to re-download the update, which takes me about 8 minutes or so. Is there anyway around this? Thank you!

• Really? 8| Usually you don't have to download the game everytime, only if an update is available. That's strange... What OS are you using? Were all gamefiles downloaded into the same folder of the concept.exe respectively the concept.jar?

• Ah, yeah sorry didnt make that clear enough. There is an update available, and i have to download it each time I start the game. I'm using the x86 windows OS. I'm not sure how to check if all game files are in the same place.

edit: Ok, i think I solved the problem. Didnt have winrar open while I was downloading the update. There is now a new folder named "core" in winrar. Im going to start it up and see what happens

edit 2: Ok I still have to re-download the update. Winrar is saying "some files extracted from concept.zip were modified or new files were created. Do you wish to put them to the archive?" which is a message i usually ignore, but I'll try to add them to the archive

• Ran the game within the zip... Waited for the update to finish, then closed it, then allowed winrar to put the modified archives into whatever folders, now it works. Thanks for the speedy replies though!

and if you dont mind me asking really quick, is there anyway to place torches or any type of light source yet?

• Glad to hear that everything works now! :)

And you may ask as many questions as you want, that's absolutely no problem ^^ Unfortunetely, torches are currently disabled. At least you cannot place them, but you can hold them in your hand (then they also spend light, as well as the lightstick and flashlight).
    For debugging purposes, you can also press L at the moment to create a lightsource that follows you. Of course this function will be disabled as soon as torches are working again.
    Expect them to be working soon ;)

• Cool! Thanks you guys. I'm going to tell as many people as i can about this game, I really hope you guys continue to update it and improve it!

• Thanks, especially in this initial phase of development every form of advertising helps us :)

And yes, we're working tirelessly on new updates, there is still much to do, but we will not give up on it so quickly ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!