[BUG] Fall Through Ground

• I've managed to record how a bug makes the player fall through the ground - it has now made my world unplayable, as I cannot stay where I've built.

Video:

@red51 please have this fixed ASAP so that I can continue playing the game! :(

• this is why "f2" then hit space is currently in survival.......keeps you from dying.they are working on that bug.....that is an interesting problem though,i've not had that happen.suggestion..........move the anvil from under that bench.

• this is why "f2" then hit space is currently in survival.......keeps you from dying.they are working on that bug.....that is an interesting problem though,i've not had that happen.suggestion..........move the anvil from under that bench.

Removing the anvil made no difference, and I just died from setting a spawn next to that area, walking off, then goto'ing that spawn and fell through the ground.

• Thanks for the video! This is a different "falling through ground bug" than most others (which are mostly caused by pressing yourself through small tunnels, or because world generation is not fast enough).
    I was hoping that this kind of bug you have was already fixed. Is collision always missing for this location? Or does reloading the world fixes the error? If it is always unplayable, please send me your world, that helps finding that issue (but only if collision is always missing at that location)!
    If the error just occurs sometimes, at random locations, you can fix collision for that area by editing the border of the neighbour chunk (destroy or place a block and/or edit terrain).

You can also see when collision is missing by typing "collision" in the console (really only a debugging command).

• Thanks for the video! This is a different "falling through ground bug" than most others (which are mostly caused by pressing yourself through small tunnels, or because world generation is not fast enough).
    I was hoping that this kind of bug you have was already fixed. Is collision always missing for this location? Or does reloading the world fixes the error? If it is always unplayable, please send me your world, that helps finding that issue (but only if collision is always missing at that location)!
    If the error just occurs sometimes, at random locations, you can fix collision for that area by editing the border of the neighbour chunk (destroy or place a block and/or edit terrain).

You can also see when collision is missing by typing "collision" in the console (really only a debugging command).

If I restart my game, then it is fine for a little bit, however, it will come back again eventually. Sometimes setting a 'mark' in that area, then walking off, and using the 'mark' to get back also makes me fall through the ground in that area.

• If I restart my game, then it is fine for a little bit, however, it will come back again eventually. Sometimes setting a 'mark' in that area, then walking off, and using the 'mark' to get back also makes me fall through the ground in that area.

Is it always the same location?
    About the goto and mark commands: They we're not officially working yet, so they may cause you fall through the ground often. It is only strange when collision never loads for an area, i.e. returning to surface by using F2 and still falling through ground.

• Is it always the same location?
    About the goto and mark commands: They we're not officially working yet, so they may cause you fall through the ground often. It is only strange when collision never loads for an area, i.e. returning to surface by using F2 and still falling through ground.

It's only ever where I have placed those wood planks, if you notice, when I fall underneath, you can't actually see the wood planks, but you can see everything else, when I fly up, you see the wood planks, but then I can fall through them again.

• No, with wood planks as construction element I meant those thin planks, craftable at sawbench, which can be rotated and scaled and freely placed in the world ^^ You are talking about the blocks, aren't you?

• No, with wood planks as construction element I meant those thin planks, craftable at sawbench, which can be rotated and scaled and freely placed in the world ^^ You are talking about the blocks, aren't you?

Oh :P Yes.

I'm rendering a video now showing the collision wireframe for you.

• Figured I would put this here. I haven't fallen yet myself... But a tree I chopped went nuts and was glitching around in a little dance. I chopped it down, it seemed to settle normal, turned away and when I turned back a few seconds later the chopped end was sticking straight up with the top of the tree and all the leaves glitched through the dirt and into the void.

Like so.. just in case this hasn't been seen. Found nothing on it in my searches on the forum here.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Figured I would put this here. I haven't fallen yet myself... But a tree I chopped went nuts and was glitching around in a little dance. I chopped it down, it seemed to settle normal, turned away and when I turned back a few seconds later the chopped end was sticking straight up with the top of the tree and all the leaves glitched through the dirt and into the void.

Yes that happens when chopping down a tree, but not cutting it into pieces. When walking away, the collision of that area will be unloaded, and when you return, the physics for the log will be activated before the collision of the ground is fully loaded. That causes it to dance sometimes ;) We will fix that in the future!

• Yes that happens when chopping down a tree, but not cutting it into pieces. When walking away, the collision of that area will be unloaded, and when you return, the physics for the log will be activated before the collision of the ground is fully loaded. That causes it to dance sometimes ;) We will fix that in the future!

I didn't leave the area. I simply turned and faced away from the tree. I think I did some crafting or just spaced out a bit haha. When I turned back to the tree it was doing it's dance. I didn't go more then say 6 feet from the tree. Anyways, I'm sure it will be dealt with as you said. I'm not too worried about it. Just wanted to let ya know.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!