Steam Achievements

• I hope that you will build the equivalent of an ironman mode into Rising World in the future. No cheat commands would be allowed and saved game files could not be tampered with. This would make it possible to include achievements for Steam players. It would be interesting to see what achievements this community would like to have available. I'll start off with a few of my own ideas with their possible names:

1. 1000 or 10,000 bits of stone mined (stone miner)
    2. 1000 or 10,000 bits of dirt mined (dirt farmer)
    3. 500 or 5,000 pieces of wood cut down (wood cutter)
    4. 100 or 1,000 pigs killed (the butcher)
    5. Win a fight against another player who is armed with no weapons of your own. (Invincible)

• I hope that you will build the equivalent of an ironman mode into Rising World in the future. No cheat commands would be allowed and saved game files could not be tampered with. This would make it possible to include achievements for Steam players. It would be interesting to see what achievements this community would like to have available. I'll start off with a few of my own ideas with their possible names:

1. 1000 or 10,000 bits of stone mined (stone miner)
    2. 1000 or 10,000 bits of dirt mined (dirt farmer)
    3. 500 or 5,000 pieces of wood cut down (wood cutter)
    4. 100 or 1,000 pigs killed (the butcher)
    5. Win a fight against another player who is armed with no weapons of your own. (Invincible)

Those high numbers of mined things sound pretty good, but I can't help but think that it wouldn't be too much exciting to get those achievements since you basically just have to play the game for a long time.
    At least better than those pointless Minecraft achivements. I think simple things shouldn't get you achievments.
    You should definitely get them for doing something "special". Like finding rare diamonds (if they will be implemented), but it could also be achievements which require more code to detect them, like building a complete house with a roof, doors and windows or building a castle with towers, drawbridges and dungeons. That would make the achievments more special and therefore also more interesting like other "Kill 3 people at once" Achievements from other games were you just hardly even realise that you got them because there are so many of them. So, it would be the best, if you kinda can "feel" what you just got an achievement for.
    However, of course multiplayer is better for achievements I think, like as I said some common "Kill 2 people while being low on health" etc.

Also, don't underestimate the creativity of people to easely get achievements even when cheats are not allowed :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!