I compiled, now what?

• So after looking into hosting my own server and writing custom plugins I have gotten to the point where I have my code but no way to test it.
    How do I install plugins in a dedicated server? Is it possible yet or is Lua the only option? I am hesitant to investing time in Lua if everything is gonna change to java at a later date.
    If it isn't possible yet, do you have a release date for it?

I'm in love with the game and have over 30 hours of playtime already ^^ , but I find some of the server communities lacking, which is why i decided to make my own. I would appreciate some info. :)

• Right now there is unfortunately no way to test it :( Currently it's basically just a pre-release, so people can get used to the new API and check out how it works and maybe have a look at the documentation.
    But server support (so you can load the plugins into your server) will be available in the next weeks, it won't take too long until it's finally available :)

I don't recommend spending too much time on Lua, once the new API is fully released, the old Lua API will be discarded after a few weeks. However, if you need something for your server now, and if it's not too extensive, you could simply create a script in Lua. There are some similarities between the Java API and the Lua API, so if you created a working Lua script, converting it to Java won't be that complicated (of course you have to rewrite it, but many functions [e.g. player functions or server functions] are still available in the Java API, and of course the "logic" will still be the same (mostly)^^

• Thanks for the quick reply, I look forward to the server release. I already think it's amazing that the game has an inbuilt permission system. 8o

I don't know if it's mentioned anywhere else but does this game have a serious inspiration from Minecraft and their community? It's great that you already have working API's and amazing guides for people to use. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!