The Mr. Potato Head party on the Freaks server

• So lately I've been building on the Freaks server and I just want to say how awesome of an experience that server has been and the sense of community it attracts. When Rising World becomes more popular and more things are there to do in a multiplayer environment, I'd love to see more online servers like this one. To my knowledge this really is the only of its kind that has this level of consistent community activity.

The first time I explored that server, I get a Second Life vibe. I love Second Life but do not know many on there anymore so I mostly just explore different worlds whenever I can. I just love exploring different worlds and seeing what people build and to see actual people interacting and socalizing. At present most Rising World servers are just showcases of what people have built. There's nothing to do besides that. With the upcoming custom models I'm hoping to see some servers become really unique places to explore. Perhaps someone will re-create Paris. The dungeons should definately give us more group activities to do. Then animal farming would be great too (perhaps hay bales will get eaten over time so some player activity will be required to manage a farm).

I think it was Arcane who mentioneed that RW still feels static. He is absolutely correct. Social activities, dungeon raids, fighting off agressive raiders, interaction with human NPCs, hiring NPCs as servants, raising cattle, managing a farm, etc... these kinds of things will make the game more dynamic.

Anyways, about the Mr. Potato Head party. I got the line from a Yogscast video when they were joking about how we all look the same and have a bald head. So the Freaks server celebrated its 1 year anniversary and there was a gathering of players and we did an awesome photo shoot of the group followed by steaks, watermelon slices, and baked potatoes (they probably were technically still raw). Every time I visit or play on that server, I get the feeling that I'm on a Second Life server where people are walking around and doing things and socializing. I hope that some day more servers will develop like this one and maybe as there are more things to do in-game (like dungeon raids) and customization of clothing (so we don't all look like a potato head) that we will see more online community.

http://steamcommunity.com/shar…filedetails/?id=749377534

One of the players died at the party so I threw down some food and a torch so he wouldn't starve or get lost in his journey into the afterlife. If I had flowers I would have thrown some down too. So sad. Don't forget to eat people!

http://steamcommunity.com/shar…filedetails/?id=749376934

Images were linked without approval.

• @zfoxfire I didn't mean the feel of the game is static. I enjoyed my time on the Freaks R' Us server but I felt more like a tourist than a player. When I play games I like to enjoy them and not worry about world resets unless they are absolutely necessary. Example: Water flow, rivers, canyons, better cave generation bigger ponds and the great lakes. If these could all be integrated then resetting a world would be worth it. Recently we got water and everyone reset their worlds instead of venturing out. How to avoid corruption is to always make a backup of your world and don't be afraid of adventure; very few animals will attack you directly.

Personally I love to build stuff but after a while of building and nothing coming to kill you it gets a bit dull if you know what I mean. This is why I'm doing a Let's Play of the Official Minecraft Feed The Beast versions. I can't keep recording content that has no life to it, no challenges and no end point. A breakdown of what Rising World is now (no offense to @red51 ) Rising World is a peaceful Earth like environment without the zombies, creepers or even a Hobbit; you mine, get your basic tools, hunt, prepare food and build to your hearts content. Peaceful mode is questionable as very few animals are willing to attack you back. One thing that I find strange is all the animals are female. There's no rooster (chickens don't crow,) bulls, steer, elk, boar or so much as a white-tailed deer I don't know why but I have always found this a bit strange.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!