Plug-in ideas / development

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Hey :)

What is this thread about?

Mainly to give a short overview of existing plug-in projects. If someone starts to write e.g a teleport plug-in and another developer has the same idea, they could connect and develope the plug-in together. I hope this thread will increase the diversity of plug-ins and will help to coordinate the development.

I will update the list continuously, so if you already working on a plugin or want to start the development you can create a post in this thread with some information like the features of the plugin, the status, how many developers working on it, ...

The second task of this thread is to collect ideas of new plug-ins others could develope in future (and maybe discuss about if this is realistic do develop), e.g. a plugin thats add new animals or something like that. If you have an idea just post them in this thread and I will add them to the list.

I will start :D

======================================================================================================================================
    Plug-ins currently in development
    ======================================================================================================================================

• @Jaob

• RisingDollar - a plug-in which adds money to RisingWorld and the possibilty to create shops (later I want to add companys and so on)

• 1 Developer
    • @Miwarre

• Port to Java of my [Miwarre] LUA script GPS, which implements on-screen coordinates and heading (according to common navigation practices), home and other waypoint position with teleport and on-screen display of distance and heading.

• 1 developer
        • Status: code complete, waiting for the API implementation for debugging
      • Port to Java of my [Miwarre] LUA script TELevator, which implements the concept of elevator; currently elevators are implemented via teleporting, the plan is to have 'real' elevators, with visible, moving, 3D objects.

• 1 developer

Plug-ins ideas

• a plug-in which gives the possibility to create electronic circuits (but I'm not sure if this could be developed with the current API version)
  • I personally want to develop the following:

1. A chess game that can be placed in the world. Would require two players to join the game and interact by clicking on the square to move the piece from and to. I just need someone to provide models or maybe I can find some low-poly model set on the Internet for free

2. A simple map program which reads your current chunk and recursively reads in surface textures of surrounding chunks, builds a 2d array of texture ID values which could then be converted into a bitmap to display in a GUI panel

3. A more advanced map that would work underground. basically it would detect open space and solid rock. Then it would have to read out and down in all directions from the player's position to determine if the terrain drops significantly enough to register as a hole in the ground or essentially draw it as a black spot or maybe just a darker spot ( ground is below you).

4. Something to let you place invisible objects which play sound events in the game such as adding a SFX to play the sound of water flowing. This could be placed on-top of any body of water so it will seem more real. Also want to add a randomizer to randomly play sounds like gusts of wind.

5. A console command to interface with any other plugin I write. The console command would allow me to essentially spawn one of my objects and manage it.

• In development:

1. Port to Java of my LUA script GPS, which implements on-screen coordinates and heading (according to common navigation practices), home and other waypoint position with teleport and on-screen display of distance and heading.

• 1 developer
    • Status: code complete, waiting for the API implementation for debugging

2. Port to Java of my LUA script TELevator, which implements the concept of elevator; currently elevators are implemented via teleporting, the plan is to have 'real' elevators, with visible, moving, 3D objects.

• 1 developer

@Jaob: about money and economy in RW, have you read this thread? It contains several interesting contributions and thoughts.

• @zfoxfire
    Nice ideas! I really like the chess game plug-in :D

Are all plug-ins you listed in development or are some of them ideas you will implement in future?

@Miwarre
    I updated the list. Thank you.

Yeah, I read the thread, thanks.

• @'Jacob' they are more ideas right now. I have set up the projects in Netbeans and have started writing a few classes but nothing too serious yet. I'm still not completely sure how to accomplish certain tasks. When the API is activated then I will be able to really play around.

• Hoping to do the following: (unsure if i can quite do with the API in its current state, will have to experiment)

"bags" mod. the mod will allow you to press a key to open a "bag". the bag will either be:

A. a gui based off of items whose data is stored in an SQL database, that is accessible by pressing the "bag" key
    (Not Possible at this moment with the API, at least how i envisioned it)

OR

B. an existing chest in the world, which can be accessed anywhere by pressing the "bag" key
    (not 100% sure its possible yet, but would have to more or less have the bag key "cause" a player interaction event tied to an existing chest)
    have started making some basic classes for it, but mostly waiting for api to release. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!