quick question for devs

• Regarding coming features. Baking and Cooking: "It sounds strange, but there will be an opportunity to bake and cook to your heart’s content. Various kitchen utensils will be available for preparing different meals."

I assume this means some sort of crop growing and livestock keeping are or will be in the works. Will this be basic or in-depth? Such as, how many types of crops are planned? For baking, will there be only wheat to make flour? Or different types of flours to grind such as amaranth or spelt? Quinoa? What about oats for several different items to bake / cook? Just curious how deep this will go so I can make realistic suggestions or toss them in the garbage.. lol

Thanks
    Edit: No answer means there is no answer at this point? Or they don't want to release that much info just yet? Throw me a bone here.. I can assume there will be loads and loads of crops and thus cooking and baking ingredients, I mean look at how many types of stone block there is!! I guess I will assume the answer is yes? haha

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Edited once, last by ZaCormyr ().

• Not a dev, but I know this information.

There's no set decision yet - once the devs themselves reach the point of implementing this, they will lay out a plan on how best to implement such a system.

However, as you may have seen, kitchen utensils will be included - which already gives some hints to the level of depth, at minimum.

• Yeah I know things aren't set in stone at this point. But I thought they may have a basic outline regarding the amount of ingredients to be had in the world. So I thought a yes or no could be given. I gave specific examples just to make sure what I was talking about was clear. Given what I've seen, I will assume they want content and lots of it. So yay!

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• The baking feature will not be too complex. So I guess we will not add different types of flour, player should be able to cook without having to be a trained chef ;)
    But it will require some kind of effort to make special meals. Cooking meat will take some time (by far not as long as in reallife, since this is still a game), and it requires your attention (if you don't want to receive a steak "black edition" finally^^).

Making soups and stews is also more complicated than creating simple meals, but as a result, they will restore more hunger/health (and have positive effects on your stamina, once this is implemented).

Edit: No answer means there is no answer at this point?

Sorry for taking so long with answering, we're still very busy, on the one hand giving support to a lot of players (especially in Steam), on the other hand working on the newest update. Here are still some topics I haven't read yet, but I will until I have more time ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!