different road types and road conditions

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)
  • Maybe different road types work better in different situations? Asphalt best in general but sucks in snow biome, dirt / gravel road is better for snow. Dirt / gravel road would obviously suck in rainforest or jungle since they would turn to mud. And of course, no road at all is worst case scenario except in some biomes where it wouldn't matter much. Like tundra or savannah.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Isn't it a question of art? So i want my roads to fit the lore, with the highest possible rate of freedom. On a medieval server i don't need asphalt roads and vice versa. Are we talking about procedural generated or user generated content?

• What they say about roads is: "Coming soon: a system where you can create real roads with bends and everything else that comes with them. You will be able to lay footpaths and cobbled streets as well as asphalt roads, among others."

There has been talk of server hosts being able to determine the level of tech on the server. From the most basic of tech to modern / futuristic. You want roads to fit the lore, then build them that way. Should be up to each player, or server (if it's being limited..).

Edit: what they plan can be found here: https://www.rising-world.net/en/page/more/features.html

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Hey yeah that sounds good :). I know this page but its a bit to general for my taste but thx.

And yeah maybe in forest you can have a decent road and in the swamp you have maybe some planks, if they give some boni to movement or something that could be interesting.

• Hey yeah that sounds good :). I know this page but its a bit to general for my taste but thx.

And yeah maybe in forest you can have a decent road and in the swamp you have maybe some planks, if they give some boni to movement or something that could be interesting.

It's general because they can't put out exact information for these reasons:

• Others might take the ideas before Rising World can add it
    • The feature may not be fully-fleshed out yet, thus no further information can be provided

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!