Game stuck in loading screen, haven't been able to see the menu screen at all :(

• Yes there is, I assume it is useful so here it is:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Report of 20.12.2014 by Angus
    OS: Windows 8.1 (x64) Version: 6.3 Java version: 1.8.0_25 JVM architecture: amd64
    CPU cores: 4 Executor poolsize: 0
    Memory used: 22.08 MB reserved: 113.57 MB max: 2087.45 MB

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Existing buffers: 164
    (b: 64 f: 69 i: 1 s: 30 d: 0)
    Total heap memory held: 21560kb
    Total direct memory held: 4562kb
    (b: 4514kb f: 42kb i: 0kb s: 6kb d: 0kb)

Settings:
    Resolution: 1280x720 (Windowed)
    Frequency: 60 Vsync: off
    DepthBits: 16
    BitsPerPixel: 24
    Samples: 1
    MaxFrames: 200
    Renderer: LWJGL-OpenGL2

Anisotropic: 0
    DynamicLights: 100 Quality: 2
    ViewDistance: 9 (LOD: 25)

LS(Q)/LG/ENV/PHD/NM/FOD/FXAA/SPEC/REFR/SSAO: 1(50)/1/1/1/1/1/0/0/11

Graphics: GeForce GTS 450/PCIe/SSE2 Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation OpenGL version: 4.4.0
    Accelerated Memory: Indeterminate
    GLMaxTextureSize: 16384
    GLMaxTextureImageUnits: 32
    GLMaxArrayTextureLayers: 35071
    GLMaxVertexTextureImageUnits: 32
    GLMaxVertexUniforms: 4096
    GLMaxFragmentUniforms: 2048
    GLMaxVaryingFloats: 124
    GLMaxVertexAttribs: 16

Capabilities: [FrameBuffer, FrameBufferMRT, FrameBufferMultisample, TextureMultisample, OpenGL20, OpenGL21, OpenGL30, OpenGL31, OpenGL32, ARBprogram, GLSL100, GLSL110, GLSL120, GLSL130, GLSL140, GLSL150, VertexTextureFetch, TextureArray, TextureBuffer, FloatTexture, FloatColorBuffer, FloatDepthBuffer, PackedFloatTexture, SharedExponentTexture, PackedFloatColorBuffer, TextureCompressionLATC, NonPowerOfTwoTextures, MeshInstancing, VertexBufferArray, Multisample, PackedDepthStencilBuffer]

Camera location: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) Camera rotation: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)
    Total running time: 1.9355872

/C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/risingworld.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-core.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-desktop.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-effects.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-jbullet.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jinput.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jbullet.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-jogg.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-lwjgl.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-lwjgl-natives.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-networking.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-plugins.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-terrain.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/j-ogg-oggd.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/j-ogg-vorbisd.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/lwjgl.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/stack-alloc.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/core/vecmath.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/jiw/jiw-gui.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/jiw/jiw-bytenetwork.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/server.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/commons.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/lib/sqlite-jdbc.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/lib/luaj.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/interface.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/materials.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/models.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/music.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/sounds.jar Checksum: N/A
    /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/textures.jar Checksum: N/A

Error details:
    com.jme3.asset.AssetNotFoundException: MatDefs/VoxelTerrain/VoxelTerrain.j3md
    com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:283)
    com.jme3.material.Material.<init>(Material.java:120)
    content.Materials.initVoxelMaterial(SourceFile:546)
    content.Materials.initialize(SourceFile:160)
    content.Game.initMaterials(SourceFile:1378)
    q.g.update(SourceFile:59)
    com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:287)
    commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:66)
    com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:185)
    com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:228)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Easy way to fix that, go to your steam, properties->local data there is an option to proof your gamedata. After that steam offers the possibility to load the damage data again.

This error occurs if you edit. delete gamedata in a uncommon way.

• As you exception says, "AssetNotFoundException", means that the assets you listed are not found by the program. Look manually if they exists in you steam gamefolder, if they are there delete them and try to repair the game again. If that all don't work for your problem i think you should reinstall complete game.

• I have the same problem. I have tried redownloading the game, reinstalling Java 8 update 25 (x64), but the game will just close after that starting screen. I have tried doing anything I've read on steam forums, but I still can't get it working.
    Any help is welcomed. Thanks.

Here is the error log:

I have

• I have the same problem. I have tried redownloading the game, reinstalling Java 8 update 25 (x64), but the game will just close after that starting screen. I have tried doing anything I've read on steam forums, but I still can't get it working.
    Any help is welcomed. Thanks.

In your case, there is another reason: The game only recognizes your integrated Intel HD, which is not sufficient for the game (the game at least requires an Intel HD 4000, but an Intel HD 3000 does also work (horrible fps) when the latest drivers are installed). Do you have a second graphics card? If yes, you need to manually assign it to the game.

As you exception says, "AssetNotFoundException", means that the assets you listed are not found by the program. Look manually if they exists in you steam gamefolder, if they are there delete them and try to repair the game again. If that all don't work for your problem i think you should reinstall complete game.

I did that and repaired the game again, then tried reinstalling as that did not work, however it still does not work.

• I start steam as admin. And by Write-Access do you mean whether or not the Read-Only box is ticked in the properties of steam? If so the box is not checked.

• According to your second errorlog, the "AssetNotFound" problem is solved (as @Nova stated, this will be fixed by reinstalling the game). As mentioned, your game only recognizes an outdated Intel HD (integrated) graphics adapter.
    To assign your secondary graphics card to the game, go to your NVIDIA control panel, then there should be a point like "Manage 3D settings" on the left. There you can setup your primary graphics adapter per application (assign it to the risingworld exe's in your game directory) or as a global setting (that should also work)^^

• EDIT: I retried booting later and still cannot play unfortunately. I am unsure as to what made it work before, and I checked the folder for an error log, but there was no log there.

I was booting the game to test before I gave the error log and it now works for some unknown reason!!! Thanks so much for your time and effort though, it is really appreciated! :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!