Debug Messages

• I understand early access and have absolutely no problems with bugs, misfeatures, or coming-soon issues. I also understand the value of debug messages. Heck, I spew them out by the hundreds when developing my own software.

But now that we can write plugins I have to ask if there’s a way to disable built-in console messages that are clearly part of the development process. For example, Red's Guestbook plugin example (which I loved enough to expand for my own use) tosses out this each time it is reloaded:

There's nothing obvious in the plugin code to give away where these messages are coming from so I assume the api's themselves are printing them.

Likewise, when I define an Area, the console starts putting out messages whenever I move to a new block:

All good stuff, but I'd love it if I could turn them off.

• We will remove the debug messages soon, at least some of them ;) They were necessary for us to test specific things, especially to make sure if the plugin api (and the client-server-communication) works properly (all these messages are printed by the client or the server, they're not related to a specific plugin)

• I totally understand, Red. In my professional days I had the exact same problem. In the end I wound up writing my own debug message handler which just employed stdout and stderr, but could be enabled and disabled by changing a single flag.

I guess I was just asking if by chance you had done something similar. Lord knows you've thought of everything else. 8)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!