Extracting files on server error

• Hi while im awaiting for a response from our server provider which seems to be taking for ever im just going to throw this out here by chance anyone may know.
    Ive been having trouble extracting compressed files in our server every time I get this message " Version required to extract this entry not supported (788)", in its self its not a great problem as i can extract it first then upload the file to the server, but when it comes to say PlanksnBeams this as a lot of files in the assets folder and having to upload 3 at a time is a pain in the bum (but works great by the way thanks) and time consuming.

I normally use 7zip and have tried winzip but still get the same message.

• Do you have root access to this server or is it the service provider one of those that specializes in game servers? I think that error you are seeing is from an old version of 7zip. can you update the package on this server and see if that resolves the problem?

If you can't influence the software on the server, perhaps extract then repackage the plugin into zip file then upload it to your server.

• Assuming your host is running some Linux flavour, I tried to upload the same files as in the Planks-n-Beams plug-in thread compressed with tar-gzip (which should work on any Linux system running in this century... ;) ), but the site is not accepting the file type.

So, I had to cheat with the file extension: remove the .gif part of the name of the attached file and try.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!