"Waiting for response from Steam"

• The problem is caused by the Steam API: Apparently it is online, but it returns an invalid/blank authentication ticket, so our server is unable to authenticate the user. The same happened yesterday around 20 hours ago, it took a few hours until Valve fixed the problem. It does not affect all games, it depends on how the authentication is done.
    If the problem will not be fixed within the next hours, we will eventually shutdown our servers temporarily (in this case the game runs in offline mode and skips the authentication procedure - so it's at least possible to play in singleplayer and LAN). Unfortunately there is nothing else we can really do about that, it depends on Valve now :(

The next update (which is scheduled for Monday) will have a fallback for these situations anyway, so you will at least be able to start the game even if the Steam API is offline / erroneous.

• >If the problem will not be fixed within the next hours, we will eventually shutdown our servers temporarily

I think, its time!

• It looks like the Steam API has been fixed 8o We'll keep an eye on that, hopefully this will not happen again

//Edit: According to Valve, the issue has been resolved now indeed! If you still run into any issues, please let us know :)

• Quote from MommaT

the issue with rain happening inside and not through the glass has been fixed on mac

Okay, the Steam problem is fixed and I can log in again, but it still rains indoors. You must be using an umbrella. ^^

• Red51, hurrah! It's fixed. I still get the odd crashing here and there almost every session, and it doesn't seem tied to anything in particular that I am doing at the time. I don't know if it's related to the game, or my Mac. But thank you for been so quickly responsive to your users with the Steam server issue! I will be singing your praises on YouTube.

Harv, I found that it is not raining inside for me in either my survival or creative worlds. You might try creating a new seed and see if that make a difference. I found that it was true whether in a house or under a rock ledge, or a cave. No rain!

However, fog still seeps in to the caves. I also found ruins and a dungeon in an older world when I went off exploring!

• @WalterDasTrevas -

Yeah, I think my issue has been determined to be a Mac issue. It rains even in my basement, which besides being underground, has stone block walls, ceiling, and floors. The weather persists a fair distance down into my mine, too. :S

• No joy, MommaT. :(

I tried your suggestion of creating a brand new world with a brand new seed, but the rain still follows me indoors or out.

I can't make sense out the fact it is fixed for you. There has been no new patch or release since this problem was last reported. It would seem that maybe something has changed in your local environment, and I'd love to know what it was.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!