• @red51

Please red can you let us know when the wiki will be online ? it's getting very hard to find the info needed , as it's all over the place and most of the time it doesn't apply to the current version.

For new server owners to setup their servers it's hard to get all the info for all the options available.

if you need help for data entry I can help
    thanks
    mjminfo

• Hi mjminfo,

At this time there's no active in-house effort to get the wiki up. It's basically low priority. However there is a wikimedia setup with plugins. Myself and another have put some volunteer work into it over the past year and have started to move some of the content off from the old unofficial wiki but it really needs serious effort from people who have a lot of free time. I've done a lot of fixes to the css on the new wiki to make it look nice and set up some templates for various categories but mostly the content is lacking right now. And I'm a litle scatterbrained on what the optimal way is to organize the information. I'd hate to set up a couple of things only to decide to redo it later. I have a few ideas of what I want the wiki to be but it would be nice to get a group together (on discord) who can put serious effort in. My personal web server is also available for staging any wiki changes and actually has a copy of the new css styling and scripting pages as well as some content. My biggest crux is that my current job and home life has me under a great deal of stress and I'm trying best to just unwind each night and over the weekend. I want so much to put a set amount of time into the wiki each week and it will eventually get done but everytime I look at it, it feels like a second job and I don't need that in my life right now but I'd glad to help guide efforts and contribute my own if anyone would be willing to pitch in some time. It would be fun if it felt less of a chore and more of an active group effort. :)

My access to the wiki got locked out recently so I'm waiting on for Red51 to fix that before I can try again. Meanwhile I really want to put together a few extensive articles documenting the permission system as well as how to configure a server as well as thorough pages covering game config and the server config files. I've already done some work on a page covering console commands and texture data. I'm not sure I want to do actual content pages for stuff such as crafting stations and tools because I am suspecting that after the next few updates, most how those things are and work and the inventory system might become obsolete.

Feel free to pester me on Discord and maybe we can make a serious effort to get this done.
    https://discord.gg/BKyk4SB

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!