Rising world will not start from steam

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • I have the same symptoms:
    * Crashes immediately on start up "risingworldx64.exe" has stopped working
    * no error log is generated in "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RisingWorld"

Things I've tried:
    * uninstall game, reinstall
    * uninstall java, install java 8_25
    * uninstall java sdk, reinstall
    * select Betas: "tada - " which installed that version
    * updated video drivers to latest AMD Catalyst Driver 14.12

Unfortunately the game has never started for me, I would love to get some help on this issue

----

Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    - Memory Size: 4096 MB
    - Memory Type: GDDR5

java -version
    java version "1.8.0_25"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b18)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

Windows 8.1

• Please unselect all Betas for the latest update and try again. If it does not work, please delete the config.properties file in your game directory. What CPU do you have? If you have an Intel CPU with an integrated graphics adapter, you need to manually assign the Radeon to the game (can be done in the Catalyst control center). Please check also if there is a file called "errorlog" or "hs_err_pid" in your game directory.
    If that all does not work, set +debug as launch option for the game (rightclick on rw in steam -> properties -> set launch options), then start again, and after it crashed, please open the "info" file in the game directory with a texteditor and paste the content here.

• CPU: Processor AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Unselected all betas: no change
    Added "risingworldx64.exe" to catalyst control center: no change
    Added "+debug" to launch settings: console window stays around, showing that it requests a steam token and tries to start the game, game crashes immediately.
    - no "info" file generated
    Delete config.properties: Unable, file doesn't exist in my game directory

I'm unable to post the contents of "errorlog" or "hs_err_pid" because they are never created/don't exist in my game folder.

• lucien.schuenke helped me with this by quitting steam entirely and running it in administrator mode.

• If you're using the Steam version and Java is causing trouble, try to enable the latest nightly (rightclick on rising world -> properties -> betas -> nightly 29.12 win 8 fix + own JVM). It uses an own JVM, so it should not matter what version is installed on your computer.

I have tried all the tricks in the steam forums to get this game running under Windows 8.1 x64. Nothing has worked, I start the game, the java window opens and I get the error that the program has stopped working. I have the option of closing the program or checking online for a solution. All my drivers are current and up to date. Have tried the nightly build, only one available is fullscreen fix 25.01. I am not able to remove it from full screen as the game never loads to a menu. config.properties file doesn't exist in my game folder nor does any log files. have tried reinstalling both the game and java to no avail. Have tried forcing window mode with the steam start option -sw. What do I need to do to get this to run under windows? Runs perfect under ubuntu. Have tried the nightly build and it didn't fix it.

Machine info
    Windows 8.1
    8 gig ram
    AMD A8-6500APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.50 GHZ
    Java version 1.8.0_25
    Java SE Runtime 1.8.0_25-b18
    Java HotSpot 64 bit server vm 25.25-b02, mixed mode

• If there is no config.properties file in your game directory, the problems seems to occur before gamestart. Try to go to the _CommonRedist folder (in your game directory) -> vcredist -> 2013 and execute "vcredist_x64.exe". Then select "Repair" and see if it works then ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!