Server_0.8.2.3 stop working

• Last night and this morning the server_0.8.2.3 was working perfectly but when i went to start it this afternoon i got this msg

2017/05/02 02:35 PM server.Main
    SEVERE: Unable to send initial ping to hive
    de.jiw.apigility.exceptions.ApigilityException: No HTTP Server was found, please check your firewall settings and make sure the address is reachable from outside. [Code:607]
    at de.jiw.apigility.Apigility.processMainData(Apigility.java:94)
    at de.jiw.apigility.Apigility.getObjectData(Apigility.java:83)
    at de.jiw.apigility.Apigility.getObjectData(Apigility.java:73)
    at server.Main.initApplication(SourceFile:296)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize(SourceFile:231)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread(NullContext.java:87)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:130)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    *************** NEW THREAD LOCAL ALLOCATION ***************
    2017/05/02 02:36 PM server.Main
    WARNING: Error while sending ping to hive (1): No HTTP Server was found, please check your firewall settings and make sure the address is reachable from outside. [Code:607]

Here is the log 1493750098.log

Does someone know what is causing this? can't connect to my server now.

• The log is fine (no errors or crashes), the No HTTP Server was found, please check your firewall settings and make sure the address is reachable from outside message just indicates that our hive server was not able to contact your server. Most likely this issue is caused by a firewall/antivirus program which blocks the connection, or when the ports aren't forwarded properly. Here can check out if the ports (4254-4258 TCP and UDP) are forwarded correctly: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ (make sure that the server is running in the background)

PS: Currently there is only the 32 bit version of Java installed on your machine. Unless you have a 32 bit OS, it's highly recommendable to download and install the 64 bit version of Java :)

• I updated my Java to 64 bit.
    I checked my firewall settings and they seem to be all in order, so i turned off my virus then tried the server again, still the same msg then i tried turning off my firewall for the moment and the virus, tried again still got the same msg.

I'm at a lost why did it work perfectly yesterday and this morning but now after 6 hrs i turn the server back on just to get that stupid msg.

BTW thank you for your support Red51

• Did you check your ports? The website I've linked in my previous response is very helpful if you want to find out if the server is reachable from outside ;) If you didn't change the firewall settings and if there was no update for the antivirus scanner in the meantime, it's most likely related to the ports. Did you maybe forward the ports to a specific IP (in this case you may have received a new IP now, so the previous port forwarding is no longer valid)?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!