Custom textures like posters in blocks, Planks 'n Beams?

• I think you don't need a plugin for that, you just need to create the textures and then add them as a custom texture pack by opening the config.properties file and setting the path in the specific property for custom textures (custom_texturepack=PATH_TO_CUSTOM_TEXTURE_PACK)

For a server I would assume you need to do the same with the server.properties file (and upload the texture pack somewhere where the server can find them)

• I am totally lay. ?(

Do I need to create a folder with all the textures? The new textures going to be added, or are they going to replace the textures that already exist? Is there a limit?

Anyone with skills in creating plugins could do this in a way that lay players like me and thousands of others, can apply our textures in a simple way?

Once I read Red51 saying that I would need to replace a native texture, convert, is there any tutorial? ?(

• Would it be possible to create a plugin that applies custom textures to blocks, planks, beams, and logs?

For standard textures there is already a plugin from Miwarre.
    I think the ability to change texturepacks maybe ingame like in Minecraft, needs to be implemented in the ingame settings.
    I don't think there is a way to change it with a plugin but maybe it's possible. :)

Do I need to create a folder with all the textures? The new textures going to be added, or are they going to replace the textures that already exist? Is there a limit?

Yes, you need to create a folder called "Texturepacks".

You need to change textures in the "dds" format and you have to open Steam - Steamapps - common - Rising World - data - assets -
    textures - (open it with win-zip or win-rar).
    you find a list . open "constructions" (I copied the texture folder to open it on my desktop, so I can see the dds pictures in real pictures).
    There are 2 formats 256 and 512 - you need to create pictures with 256 x 256 and 512 x 512.
    The number of the pictures do no match the id's ingame.
    So you could replace your own pictures to the required place.
    Maybe you could try it with the n/a textures. There is no need for them atm.
    Create a zip file now.

Now you go in the game config properties.
    There you change "custom_texturepack=" into "custom_texturepack=Mytexturepack.zip" / Mytexturepack or any other wanted name. Be aware that texturepack
    is in a zip.file. others do no work.

Some information are in the forum too, but I don't if there are available in English.

Once I read Red51 saying that I would need to replace a native texture, convert, is there any tutorial?

In the meantime you could use "search" for English and German threads. Maybe it could help to use the Google translater. :)

Maybe this could help a little bit, I was in a hurry and English is not my native language. :D

• Since it is an international community, the forum companions could kindly translate their texts into English, after all, putting everything in German ends up excluding part of the community, since Google Translator is bad.

I do not usually attend the forum because of this, some of the most interesting tutorials are not in a universal language.
    Many players who do not understand English or German, for example, first translate from German to English, then from English to Chinese, Spanish, Russian, etc., because Google Translator is very good translating things into English, but turns into a Mess when we try other languages.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!