NOTE: This would be good after a stable version is released. I rather have more features first, VR later.
I have in fact read steam discussions about this, 3 to be exact. But all of them are just requests. I would also like to make suggestions for controls. I will add more suggestions to this. But for now I would like to start with Rift Controls.
ABCD = WDSA
(Tap = Crouch Toggle) OR (Hold = Crouch)
Double Forward = Sprint
2. A = Zoom
B = Rotate X* degrees right
C = Unmapped
D = Rotate X* degrees left
Tap = Jump
Double Tap or Hold = Fly
7. Main Menu
8. SteamVR Menu
9. Secondary Action (similar to right click)
10. Primary Action (similar to left click)
11. HOLD to activate Placement Mode, but must have a placeable object in hand. (Might switch with 12?)
12. HOLD and move hand left or right. Left = Compass, Right = Clock
Placement (Holding Left Grip. Might be right grip?)
Move left controller to move object left and right.
13. Press = Freeze
A. Taller ( Both grips held)
Grid size +
C. Shorter (Both grips held)
Grid Size -
14. A. If controller is horizontal = Forward
If vertical = Up
C. If horizontal = Backward
If vertical = Down
15. Toggle Modular
16. Toggle Grid
17. Reset placement
19. Main Menu
20. SteamVR Menu
24. Hold to resize element. -> Use left joystick to resize
This idea is not finalized. Welcome to suggestions for change.
I might work on some ideas for the mapping of the Vive wands. But I'm not familiar with them so idk.