downloading game on multiple computers

• i purchased the game through steam and i have 4 computers, do i have to purchase the game 3 more times to put it on
    my other computers? also my boys play in my single player game and keep getting into my stuff and taking it is there
    a way to put locks on chests on chests and doors to keep things safe that would be a cool craft thing to do.

• i purchased the game through steam and i have 4 computers, do i have to purchase the game 3 more times to put it on
    my other computers?

yes you can install it on as many computers as you want but you can only play on one computer at a time from the same steam account no matter if you want to play different games on the different PCs. Each steam account can only have 1 active gaming session with any number of games running but on the same PC.

well if they are using the same account then there is really no way to avoid them getting your things, for chests maybe you could try the Chest Protection plugin but I haven't tested it myself yet.

if they are using different accounts you can use the Area Protection script to set up areas around your buildings and then not include them in the area so they will be able to go in the area but not able to open doors or pick items from chests etc. Though if they are admins on the server/LAN game then there is no way to lock them out since they will be able to just add themselves to the areas.

• if you want more then 1 player to be playing at the same time, each player needs an account in steam. now you might be able to share the game with your boy's accounts. This would give them a unique id and then the chest protection plugin will work to keep your boys out or the area protection script would work as well that is if you set up a standalone server. But if they are playing from your steam account, then I don't think there is a way to keep them out. Also if you share with family and friends through steam only 1 player can play the game at a time. The best solution is to start a steam account for each and buy them a copy of there own.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!