Will it run on my computer?

• Okay so before i buy this i want to know if it can un on my computer. I have a Pentium 2.13ghz duel core and intel iron lake mobile graphics. I also have 4gb of ram and i am currently running on ubuntu 14.04. I also have access to a computer that is I5 duel core 1.7ghz 4gb ram and intel hd 4000 and on OS X mavericks I won't be able to play on that one as much as i could the pentium. ik it says the minimum says i3 duel core.... But some pentiums can be better than an I3.

(exact system)
    OS X Mavericks
    CPU:1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    RAM:4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Ubuntu 14.04
    CPU:Intel Pentium(R) CPU) P6200 @ 2.13ghz x 2
    GPU:Intel IronLake Mobile
    RAM:3.7gb available

• It will, but you won't like it.

The I5 is ok, but the much bigger problem is the internal graphics. That internal graphics will run many games just fine, but some it won't- not because your 4400 can't handle it, but because the game wasn't programmed for it. Some games just need 'dedicated' graphic ram to work right.
    For instance, I have a i7, 16 gig ram, and Intel HD 4400 graphics. Even with all that Rising World was quite laggy and stuttered quite a bit. (Not fun at all being teased like that!) This game really "challenges" a pooter.
    It wasn't until I forced it into using my dedicated graphics card (NVidia GTX 850) that it smoothed out and ran like it should. (Yes, I have a "gaming" laptop).

Maybe later (it is only Alpha) it will be optimized enough that your laptop can handle it, but for now, as much as I hate to say it, I'd hold off.

• I wish i had a gaming laptop, I'm used to playing games at 30-70 fps so thats not the problem along as its around there... And I thank you for telling me before i actually bought the game itself. would there be any way to get it to work around 30-40 with the computers i do have access to?

• The OS X system should be able to run the game. The graphics adapter meets the minimum requirements, but a recent driver version should be installed. As @Geneo stated, it's far from perfect. But when reducing the graphics settings (especially disable SSAO and Lightscattering, both are performance killers) and reducing the view distance it should be fine.

The Ubuntu system most certainly does not work, the CPU isn't the problem I guess, it's more likely the graphics adapter which is insufficient :/

• Thanks for all the help. Its too bad the Ubuntu system didn't work though.... As I can't access the OS X too much for the day. have you guys thought about creating a version were the world can be simple and not laggy? like no swaying trees, or sun beams, or deep deep ground as i think that'd cause a lot of lag.

• I'd hate to see that. The realistic graphics are one of the major plusses of this game, to me. I'm so sick of 'cube' games I could scream.
    However, I can see where you're coming from. Maybe in the future options/settings could be added to ease the "graphic overhead".

(Oh, and thanks for the tip, Red, about the SSAO and Lightscattering.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!