Just Bought Game for MAC OS X Mavericks 10.10.1 Macbook Pro "Wont Open"?

• Hello there, just paid $16.99 for game and the thing won't even open. I read a thread stating to update Java JDK to latest version and did that and still nothing. Not sure what problem is, I completely understand the game is in Alpha but certainly my intentions were to not burn $16.99. If anyone has the same problem and has fixed it, please help!

Cheers, :thumbsup:

• I am using the exact JDK you posted there x64 and everything is same. I am using it on steam so its not a Standalone. Do not know how to access error log, I also do not think that an error log will display what is going on due to the fact that the game just plain won't open. Not sure if it logs that when it won't even open.

• Again, very disappointed with the help in general. At this point, I demand a refund. Does anybody know who I can contact for this refund.

• No worries, I tried that and it didn't seem to fix it. I will be on steam then.

• Okay, I am not sure what is going on but is there some sort of Refund I can get here. Heres my story. I purchased game via Steam. I am on MacOSX. I wanted a game that worked. It doesn't. I read through the Game Review and it stated it was in Alpha. How can a game even be at the Alpha stage if it won't even open.

• Okay, I am not sure what is going on but is there some sort of Refund I can get here. Heres my story. I purchased game via Steam. I am on MacOSX. I wanted a game that worked. It doesn't. I read through the Game Review and it stated it was in Alpha. How can a game even be at the Alpha stage if it won't even open.

You won't get a refund, though, especially not from Valve.

The best way to solve your issue is to do it directly in chat (since it seems to be a specific issue). Unfortunately I can't tell you very much about MacOS, @lucien.schuenke can help you with that ;) According to Steam, you was last online >1 day ago? Maybe tell us when you are online, so that you and lucien are online at the same time. The last days it seems that he was online when you was not online and vice-versa.

• Okay, I am not sure what time zone your in but you can do the conversion from EST time. How does Friday at 7:00pm Eastern Standard Time sound.

• How can a game even be at the Alpha stage if it won't even open.

Alpha = very early stage of development. You basically pay for getting early access to the game and help develop it (by providing feedback and suggestions). If the game won't start, that's just bad luck. Things might break in alpha :)

Hope you get it working.

Get your own Rising World server today!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!