My SP World Comes Alive

• Thanks for stopping by. I will be adding a link providing the gallery of my builds in single-player as well as screenshots within the thread (whichever that may be). I will update when I do more to show. Watch how Utopia comes alive as I learn this amazing new game that has plenty more to come ;)

http://imgur.com/a/efUhY#9

My Cathedral is coming along rather nicely, although I would love to hear opinions on if I should add a much wider second floor as I build up or keep it in the shape I am going for now.

please by all means I enjoy advice and your thoughts. there is still much to be done especially with the landscaping. Furnishing will be done last of course. Also almost forgot I will also be adding more detail/textures once the structure is complete.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thread.

[size=12]

• I like the planted tree. Is it clipping at all into what you built there? This is essentially what I am planning to build once I really get into the game, big staircase up a hillside to a castle or something like that. Since I saw some odd holes in the earth next to your staircase, you know you can place dirt and stone.

Something I've done is making natural looking arches with stone. ;)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Turbo614 Will do.thanks

@ZaCormyr
    From floor view look it seems to be nicely grown but, if you take a closer look it does go through the pillars at the top. Although that is the style i was going for as that area is just a walk out on to see the area below where more will be built. I also want to add vines, etc to that terrace once we get more things to decorate with or what ever else we seem to get later on down the line :D

and the darker areas I am trying out different grades of grass color and working on that landscape winding around with the path. I'll post some close images below so you can see it better :D

• Ah so it is clipping through. Hmm.. Red! haha

Yes vines would be nice, hanging vines and some to wrap around pillars etc..

For the path, yeah some landscaping is required. To be honest, it is one of my favourite parts of the game. Sculpting with earth. :D

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Me too! @Nephaera I'm really excited. I was building on Minecraft for a couple of years which I loved recreating real-life cities. took me a month to do New Orleans. and thanks to google earth it was a goddess send but, that is where my love for building Cathedrals came from. I completed my very first cathedral the St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans, La. I even did Bourbon street which was my favorite area. Its my home state Louisiana. I miss the culture, cuisine and my heritage. If you would like to see I can send you some pics I have on my imgur I believe I have a Gallery of it. :P

So, any thoughts on widening the second tier of the Cathedral ? im kinda stuck, I've got some builders block lol

:?::?::?::S

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!