The Artform of small objects in a Living, Rising World

• I have been getting into Rising World by building a period area on my server. I have used both my own buildings and those of others. However, once you build the period structures they do not come to life until you enhance it with small objects. You know, the little day to day usage objects and things that make it seem realistic that people are living there. Things like a coin purse on the table or even coins piled next to it. Things like a brush,a small wine goblet or a bolt of cloth on a table that make the buildings come alive. I have noticed in some of the blueprints there are some really nice smalls. Things like small buckets and little bottles. Some are crude representations while others are really detailed and almost art. Some take a little imagination but not much to imagine they are what they represent. There is even an interesting use of a skull head candle, probably from a dungeon that I have not seen before, that is imbedded in a table that makes a candle lit dinner possible.

I have tried to mimic some of them or add to the collection on my own. All to populate the space in buildings beyond the stock chairs and tables that can look out of place in a period scene. Yes, in Rising World we build Dioramas about some aspect of life we imagine. It is not always the formidable blockhouse or hidden subterranean PVP hideaway, that drives those in this game. It can be about ambience with realistic and alive beauty.

So I wanted to ask some pointers on how people get really small logs for making fringes on carpets? I cannot make mine small enough, even though I see that it has been done. I wanted to ask the developers to add a capability to create the art needed for small objects that mimic a loaf of bread or a fork. An object that can mimic a mirror, I am sure it is not without difficulties but is something so basic to a living world that is seems empty and fake without it. I have seen some really nice smalls. Some, yes, even some I have built, that you need to squint a little to say, Yes that is a stack of coins on the table. Making small objects a little easier will raise the art form in this game to a level that not only keeps the artist builders but keeps the PVP that enjoys the feeling of being in a living breathing Rising Word. ;)

• I cannot make mine small enough,

when you hold a beam/plank/log or window in your hand use the size command
    size 0.01 0.01 0.01 is the smallest size you can get :)

There is even an interesting use of a skull head candle

make a blueprint of the skullcandle (or every other object you want to rotate) to rotate or hide it in other objects or blocks like a candle that sits on a barrel

there are many other tricks to simulate a living world - feel free to visit my server - dagolines kleine welt (46.251.245.105:4255) - to get some ideas

• The command is available in survival mode too but only in the original size range, in creative mode you can go outside the normal size range too ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!