Dekompilieren von Plugin (erlaubt oder nicht erlaubt) | Decompile plugin (allowed or not allowed)

• Just had to say thanks for agreeing/disagreeing between the 3 of you, Angriff, Minotorious, Miwarre, and still being civil, if just a tad "heated" at times. Was nice to read 3 different parties interpretations of often complex and overly convoluted copyright/software laws/regulations/rules. The 3 of you did it the way most people should, clear headed and doing your best to make your point clear, with little to no abrasion (this is text, so some things are lost in inflection) to one another. Kudos, and keep up the great work on your endeavors.

• Also ich muss als Freizeit Entwikler dazu sagen:
    Ich will mit den Pugins kein Geldverdienen, von daher könnte mir das Thema recht egal sein. Auch die Verwirrende Rechtslage ist Relativ.

Aber, ich finde es nicht OK, sogar Respecktlos, wenn ich mich Tagelang hinsetze, meine knappe Freizeit "Opfere" um einen guten Code hinzubekommen und das der einfach so decompeliert wird.
    Ich habe kein Problem meinen Code zu Teilen, aber dann bitte mit der Entsprechenden Anerkennung (auch wenn die Schnipsel für Red nur Fingerübungen sind). Wenn sie nämlich mit Komunikation weiter gegeben werden können auch beide seiten davon was Lernen. Und ich als "Entwickler" bin motievierter weiter solche sachen zu machen.

Ich finde eh das die par leute, die Plugins Schreiben irgendwie enger oder vernetzter zusammen arbeiten. Das mann sich nicht in die quere kommt (z.b. 20 Teleporter Plugins) und sogar anderen hilft seine eigenen Anforderungen bei dem anderen umzusetzen. Das bedarf zwar im einzel Fall viel zeit. Währe aber ein guter Schritt für die Gemeinschaft.
    (P.s. ich frage mich was ich beim Sprach Plugin falsch gemacht habe und es noch kein Andere Entwikler benutzt oder aufrüstet, gefragt wurde ich auch noch nicht ob ich da was helfen kann. Und das ist einer meiner besten Schnitzer, denke ich)

###

So I have to say as a recreational developer:
    I do not want to make money with the Pugins, so I could not care less about the subject. Even the confusing legal situation is relative.

But,
    I think it's not OK, even without any sacrifice, if I sat down for
    days, my spare spare time "sacrifice" to get a good code and the just
    decomposed that way.
    I
    have no problem sharing my code, but then please with the appropriate
    recognition (even if the snippets for Red are just finger exercises). If they can be passed on with communication both sides of it can be learning. And I as a "developer" am motivated to continue to do such things.

I think that the par people, the plugins writing somehow close or networked work together. The
    man does not get in the way (eg 20 Teleporter plugins) and even helps
    others to implement his own requirements in the other. Although this requires a lot of time in each case. But would be a good step for the community.
    (P.s,
    I wonder what I did wrong with the language plugin and no other
    developer uses or upgrades, I was not even asked if I could help there,
    and that's one of my best blunders, I think)

• @noci sehr gut gesagt :)

Ich hab echt zu viel Zeit gebraucht meine Plugins zu schreiben (z.b. mein Blueprint Texture Editor hat 1 Monat gebraucht).

Ich habe kein Problem wenn jemand fragt mein Code zu veröffentlichen. Ich glaube ich wird den Vorschlag von @Miwarre nehmen und mein Code auf GitHub in der nächsten Tage aufladen.

@noci very well said :)

I have spent a lot of time to write my plugins (for instance the Blueprint Texture Editor had taken 1 Month).

I have no problem to publish my code if someone asks. I think I will take the advice from @Miwarre and upload in the next days all my code to GitHub.

• EN: Basically it's up to the plugin creator if he wants to share his source code or not. There is a "License" field in the plugin.yml file which can be used to set up a proper licsense. Personally I'd recommend to use a permissive free license like the MIT or BSD license. Releasing the source code is basically always helpful, but as said, it's up to the plugin creator. I understand if someone does not want to share his code. "Stealing" someones code is definitely a no-no. Unfortunately there is no reliable way to protect Java code, but you could use an obfuscator (e.g. ProGuard) which makes the code a lot harder to read. Rising World itself is mostly obfuscated, although this does not affect to the whole code (for various reasons).

I'm not sure if the legal situation is really helpful in this case, since it seems to be overkill if someone really decides to sue another user just because he checked out the plugin source code. If someone finds out that his plugin code was "stolen" by another user, I'd recommend to contact us, since we won't tolerate that. But if someone just checked out the plugin code to see what happens there or to find an error maybe, it's ok in my personal opinion. As mentioned, if you don't want this, set up a restrictive license and use an obfuscator, this prevents most users from reading the plugin source code ;)

DE: Im Grunde liegt die Entscheidung beim Plugin-Ersteller, ob er seinen Sourcecode freilegen will oder nicht. In der plugin.yml Datei gibts ein "License" Feld in welchem eine entsprechende Lizenz festgelegt werden kann. Persönlich würde ich dort eine eher freizügige Lizenz wie die MIT-Lizenz oder BSD-Lizenz empfehlen. Den Sourcecode zu veröffentlichen ist grundsätzlich immer hilfreich, aber wie gesagt, letztenendes ist das die Entscheidung des Plugin-Erstellers. Ich verstehe es, wenn jemand seinen Code nicht freigeben möchte. Jemandes Code "stehlen" geht zumindest absolut gar nicht. Leider gibt es keinen zuverlässigen Weg, Java Code zu schützen, aber man kann einen Obfuscator benutzen (zB ProGuard) um die Lesbarkeit des Source Codes drastisch zu erschweren. Rising World selbst ist größtenteils obfuscated, allerdings betrifft das nicht den gesamten Code (aus verschiedenen Gründen).

Ich weiß nicht, ob die rechtliche Situation der Sache wirklich hilfreich ist, da es schon ziemlich extrem ist, wenn jemand einen anderen User verklagen möchte nur weil er Einblick in den Sourcecode des Plugins genommen hat. Wenn jemand herausfindet, dass sein Plugin Code tatsächlich von einem anderen Nutzer "gestohlen" wurde, würde ich empfehlen, uns zu kontaktieren, denn wir würden sowas nicht tolerieren. Aber wenn jemand nur kurz ins Plugin geschaut hat nur um zu sehen was dort eigentlich gemacht wird oder um evtl. einen Fehler zu finden, ist das ok meiner persönlichen Meinung nach. Wie gesagt, wenn man das nicht möchte, sollte man einer eher restriktive Lizenz festlegen und einen Obfuscator verwenden, das hält die allermeisten User davon ab, Einblick in den Source Code zu nehmen ;)

• 100% agreed!

(P.s, I wonder what I did wrong with the language plugin and no other developer uses or upgrades, I was not even asked if I could help there, and that's one of my best blunders, I think)

It is the same for me: I have two back-end plug-ins out since a year and a half and nobody else uses them but myself (RW-Gui even has its source code published since long).

I presume it is a matter of control: some developers prefer not to depend on someone else to correct bugs or add functions they need. Still, no Java developer would re-invent Apache Commons (but, yes, I agree, Apache Foundation looks a lot more solid than Miwarre... ;) ).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!