Rising World Game Run Servers at Launch?

• Where are the fully functional multi-player Creative servers?
    There are currently 150+ servers listed on the Muli-player listing in game. Some are labeled PvP. Most have descriptions in their titles: i.e. “Georges….area protection, animal, economy” etc. The labeled Rising World Servers are either locked or pvp. None are labeled Creative. None I have played so far, allow full use of the game as designed: there are blocks on \

I started playing RW in 2014, when my first voxel building game, Landmark, that I had played for 3+ years, sundowned. It broke my heart, I loved that amazing world of building.
    Rising World can do the same thing for me. However, I can’t seem to find a creative world that will allow me to play the game that Red51 has designed.

The first multi-player server (fully creative) that I played on RW was beautiful, well run, with admins. on 24/7. The benefits were a completed transport system, a great economy, admin. built cities, and protected claims. It was a really great server. But.

The First Problem: we players were not allowed to use blueprints as we built.
    If you are a BUILDER (I am) blueprints are essential.
    For example: I am designing/building a walled medieval city on my single server. The surrounding wall is 50-75 units high and 12 thick. There are 8 tower/turrets that are fairly decorative, nearly 100 units high: building one of those towers takes time.
    There is no need to build 8 of them. Blueprinting the tower allows me to place a complete tower along the wall multiple times.
    There are several buildings within this wall and none of them are boxes with roofs.
    With blueprinting, the city will take me probably 6 months to build. And I play, usually, 24/7. Without blueprinting, I don’t want to think about the unnecessary work this would invoke. It gets really boring trying to replicate the same large item 8 times.

To blueprint: we had to call an admin. who would then ‘unlock blueprinting’ to allow us to make a blueprint and then blueprint our work. We were not allowed to set a blueprint down on our claim, not even one of our own. Only save our work which was nice anyway.

I was told that a former player had caused a great deal of damage by using blueprints on claims that did not belong to them and on open ground, destroying things. They had their reasons. But the remaining players were forced to pay for that. To me, that was not fair.

The Second Problem: we were not allowed to topo our own property. We were not allowed to use the extended Creative Panel F4, F5, F6…. So, I did have a choice. I could dig my own lake by hand and lug hundreds of buckets of water to fill it. (I did once) Or, I could call an admin. to build it for me.I admit their lakes were beautifully done…but it was my claim, I wanted to do it myself. I wanted to be able to use the “game included creative building tools”. It is important to me to be allowed to do my own setting for my building claim, I know what I want and how to do it. I have had three years’ experience building with voxels before I came to RW. It only required learning different tools. The more I build, the more I learn, naturally.

The Third Problem: this one is minor, but still a blocking of the full use of the game. We were not allowed to earn the pets: mini-pigs etc.If we wanted one, we could ask an admin. to come and summon one for us. Again, I do not want to do this. I want to earn my own game items. Especially in a work-in-progress game, the more people using all of the in game functions, the more changes of finding glitches and bugs.

I have tried several other servers and ran into similar rules: features of the game were blocked at the choice of the server administrators, not the game designer.

The only fully functional creative servers I have found were run by Yahgiggle, but they seem to be gone. They gave full use of the entire game with limited sensible rules and no admin.

Let me state that I have no objections to rules that are reasonable.
    For example: requirements that I level over a reasonable length of time before I can fly, or set a claim, or even use blueprints. Rules that state that I can’t have a second claim, until the first is finished is a good rule. And rules that state that if you do not play for 30 days you forfeit your claim is also reasonable. This saves half done claims sitting around the landscape.
    I’m happy to follow rules as long as I know that at the end of the leveling/tryout period I have full creative control of my game. (my game: not anyone else's).

It will do no good to tell me to make my own server if I don’t like what is available: I do not have the expertise to do so. I admire those who can. So, I play my single and build, for now.
    I do hope that RW will have its own game run servers at launch. Servers hard wired to play the complete game no matter who is running it for Red51sRW.

If I am missing something vital here I apologize, maybe there are dozens of creative servers out there like the one I’m looking for?

My suggestion: Red51 arrange for RW to run their own game servers. Perhaps 3 large servers: one each for Creative, pvp, and Adventure: that are each locked into keeping open all of the game commands open to players. Obviously not admin. commands as those would be controlled by RW. Or run them thru Steam as most are now, and be sure that the when the game launches, the basic game commands cannot be blocked by administrators.

• The biggest problem with blueprints is that they require no resources. Which is why many servers block them. They also enable (malicious) player a prime opportunity to cause a lot of chaos in a short period of time.

Isn't Artisans Realm a creative mode sever? Have you tried in there? That's the go to creative mode sever imo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!