Posts by Groovaholic

Thanks for your feedback! ^^

This is on our to-do list :D Sorting transparent elements (including rain) is always a bit tricky (especially if we want to avoid a negative performance impact), but we're working on a solution for that.

Oh, could you elaborate on that? =O Do you mean the view/camera movement with the mouse?

No it's just the inventory at the bottom of the screen when using the mouse scroll wheel, it feels like there is about a second delay, all other menus are fine, but like I said its not a big thing

Thank you Red51 for implanting 2 of the things that I asked for both of which are great additions,

when placing multiple elements on a row, you can now change the gap between the elements ( if anyone is interested you can change the size of gap by the "move precision" under the radial menu" :thumbup:

Oh and the glass textures are not too bad either :P:P:P:P:thumbup:, I have noticed that the mouse input seems a little slow? nothing to write home about but it is noticeable (in-game) menus feel ok

Have you tried going into creative mode? to do that press the tilde key (left to the 1 key) and type in gm 1 (you will now be in creative) now if you press the "L" key this is a light source if by any chance you see something (fingers x) just press and hold the space key until you see something.

To return the game back to normal again press the tilde key but this time type gm 0.

You will be able to play the new Unity version when you click on play (in steam) if by any chance you are not seeing this then "right-click" on your Rising World / Properties / Betas / then select the new Unity version once you have downloaded that you will have the option to play the original or Unity version.

which version are you playing the old version or the new Unity version? if it's just on the multiplayer maybe you can reinstall the server files.

This may be slightly off topic and not sure if it's at all possible but we have the option of using posters for things so how possible would it be to use animated gif's within the game? this way the gif that Avanar linked to (copyright permitted) would work?

Hi Red51 one of the most useful sections I've found is the ability to save a construction element in the radial menu I was just wondering if it would be possible to have an option so we can name it as well as auto description?

As Avanar & Deirdre said it can be useful when building a pier/fence to drag a line of construction elements (less time consuming) all at once and with +/- to make a space between each one before placing them in the world instead of one at a time.

And just a quick note I love the save/load element in the radial menu a great feature

All of a sudden things are now behaving like they did in the java version, the whole construction element sits above the ground. very confused haha.

Glad to know it's now working and like i said sometimes just restarting the game helps (don't ask me how) but it has helped me a few times in both versions.

Hi Red51 not sure if I just haven't found this yet but in the java version when placing a row of planks all at once we had the ability to increase/decrease the space between each plank with the +/- keys before we place it down so far I haven't been able to do this? it's either 1 at a time (with a small space between each one) or a solid floor, have I just missed this, or maybe it isn't in the game yet?

Thank you

Also just a pet peeve difference in construction between java and the new version. When you hold a construction element, say a beam, with the grid turned off by default it sits flush with the surface you are pointing at - this is like the java version and I like it. However if you turn grid on, the beam goes through the surface you aim at, leaving approximately half the beam above and half below your cursor. This makes it really annoying to place vertical beams of the desired height when the grid is on. In the image attached, the two vertical beams are the same length. The one on the left is placed with grid on, right with grid off.

Have you tried restarting the game to see if you still get the same thing happing? I know what you mean with the grid but its not doing it for me, but there is another way if you see that the element is into the ground more than you like if you press the right CTRL (this will lock it in place) ( you can freely move about) you can then manually move it up & down with the page up / page down keys.

Not sure if this is the correct way but it works

Just a couple of things that I would be happy to see with the operation with the hotbar

1) Slightly more responsive seems a little sluggish but nothing major.

2) Being able to keep on scrolling as in going from slot 5 to 1 (on hotbar) and not having to go through all the slots again 5-4-3-2-to get back to 1 (hope this makes sense) yes I am that lazy:P

3) At times its been a little hard to see what I have got selected in the hotbar maybe have a little running animation around the outline that is currently selected?

Thank you Red51 for everything that you are doing and the trouble is that we are all very impatient and we now want the next update or is that just me!!! :saint::saint::saint:

Ok found out what i was asking for and for anyone else that is wondering here's what i have found out so far.

To spawn anything so far into your game just press the "tilde key" this will bring up the command and just type the following into it:

Item (then pick one of the following)

pickaxe
    apple
    repeater
    bottle
    megaphone
    walkietalkie
    stone
    treeloghickory
    saplinghickory
    paintroller
    wateringcan

brazier
    door1
    woodshelf1
    chest1
    chair
    table
    logbench
    animalfeeder
    birdhouse
    toro
    candle
    lantern
    campfire
    bonfire
    firelogs
    walltorch
    clock
    grandfatherclock
    bedold1
    ladder
    xmastree

Hope this helps everyone

Dam RED51 you just beat me to it lol

Hi guys I've had a quick look on the forum to see if there is a list for the new version of the items/blocks with their ID's? if anyone knows where or if there is a list could you please drop the link here, i know there isn't a ton of items but I always forget them.

Thanks

Groove <3<3