Posts by Groovaholic

Hi everyone I'm in England and just like InuYasha in the same position with the lock-down of shops,cinemas, theaters and restaurants all shut for the time being, going to our local food store Tesco's everything is marked out to keep your distance from each other with is a lot harder to keep then you may expect. with many things out of stock.

So far fingers X we are all good and well, but boy do I wish i had a hair cut a couple of weeks ago has these are also closed and so badly need a haircut now ^^

Stay safe everyone and at lest we have Rising World to keep us going (waiting for the new version to drop) :):):)

Looks really nice! cant wait to see more, thanks for your work!

red51

Question... I was just wondering we will have aswell snow on the roofs, snow that will apply to some blocks or beams when is snowing?

This would be nice and having red's reply maybe a work around is to have blocks/beams that we can construct which is covered in snow? I understand this isn't exactly what you was thinking but it's the closes I can think off. :thinking:

Wow those terrain shaders are looking very nice and with the transition between different biome's do look a lot better then before, I hope that when that transition occurs between the different biomes that it actual last a bit longer "i.e" instead of it changing within 20 blocks from desert to grassland it changes in say 40-50 to give a more natural feel and look, but hay that's just me being fussy ^^.

One last thing with the shaders that you are using will we be able to use Reshade to make our own personal look to the game?.

Thanks for a great game red51 keep up all the great stuff you are doing :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Red51 I'm please to see that people are still very much making plugins for the Java version of the game and was just wondering if all of these will be 100% compatible with the Unity version? I'm sure I have read before that they will be but as I'm too lazy to search so thought I would ask here, and of course with the development of the game is now a bit more advance was there any news on this? and what about the older scripts on here will these be redundant with the Unity version???.

Is it possible to create brand new blueprints and save them in the test version?

I think if I'm not mistaken the up coming tech demo will be more like a "walking simulation" to test out without or very limited building. as red quoted in one of my posts (it's really just a basic tech demo without much gameplay, so probably there will be barely any building mechanics in that version). It will still take some time until the first "actual" version is available (which contains actual gameplay, building mechanics etc)

Hi like everyone else I'm eagerly waiting for the new version to be released, I understand that a preview of the new version ( Tech demo) is soon to be released and was just wondering will we be able to use our original blue prints at all? or is that a bit too early for this early release. :):)

Many thanks for a great game and community

Hi Red loving the new layout of the web site everything looks so much cleaner and better, in the forum I have noticed that under the forum tab i have got over 15 watched threads? now this isn't really a big problem, the thing is all of these are threads that I haven't watched? at least I'm 99% sure i haven't, maybe adding a "clear all watched threads" like there was before could be nice.:)

Thank you :) Any idea what I could do to improve performance in the current version? I build with planks and beams.

I guess that's a bit of a open question, apart from lowering the detail and resolution size down to 720p not a lot can be done. have you got much money to play around with would be the first question? but maybe look at adding more ram, 8Gb that you have is ok but 16Gb will help your whole system, and it looks like you are running an integrated graphics so adding a PCI graphics card " AMD Radeon RX 580 / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB" would make a difference (you will need to check your psu to make sure you have the right connections)

If you ok with buying second hand check EBay, Some good deals can be had and building a new system :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hay loving these screen shots Red and I agree with what you say about the use of lighting / shadows :thumbsup::thumbsup: also just wondering will lighting effect the player as well i.e will we be able to hide from bandits if we are in the dark? I understand this may not be a top priority of all the things that you are working on right now.

Also another aspect is the sound having great sound effects in surround 5.1 / 7.1 can also make a game come to life, are you going to be re-doing these or just porting the old sound files over? putting these two together ( lights & sound) with the game play that we already know and love will just be fantastic

It looks amazing! Will there be a way to keep our current version & get the new one? Even if it means buying a new copy?

Hi Mandy just to answer your question:

If you already own the game there is of course no need to buy it again.

You can still play your old worlds with the Java version but this version may only get limited support in future updates.

Rising world will have have two exe's the current Java version and the new Unity version which will have a separate beta branch in Steam.

I'm sure this is correct but Red51 will confirm this Im sure.

Iv had this a few times and as far as i know its just a connection issue (was you in a sever at the time?) but normally just quitting / reloading the game fixes it.

Basically it is our intention to implement a skill/xp system, even though it will be an optional feature :) Originally our idea of a skill/xp system was to have a "learning by doing" approach, i.e. becoming more efficient in certain things (cutting trees, mining etc) simply by doing that.

We really want to make sure that the skill/xp system will not be too grindy, but I understand that some people are not happy about this feature at all (that's why it will be optional)^^ There was a long discussion about that on Steam some time ago btw: https://steamcommunity.c"Jon"om/app/324080/discussions/0/1642041106369933741/

That's a great read and I do like the optional feature as "Jon" in the comments put in: that way it will be down to the player / server owner on how to play the game their way of liking.

Survival mode: survival with a progression as you learn new skills, grow stronger and more efficient;
    Standard Mode: which is the current game;
    Creative Mode: which at lest for me I just use for building techniques

Iv been playing Rising world for a very long time now and wondering in the new version will you be adding more in the way of character customization and attribute like Speed / Luck / Strength ect. and with the ability to increase these as we play? I don't expect them to be implanted with the first release but having these will make us feel that the game as a bit more substance to the survival element of the game.

Hope the port over to Unity is going smoothly (as it can) and lets hope we can get some sort of preview soon even a video diary would be nice :D

When i first saw the headline I almost started to panic " please don't tell me its not going to be updated anymore" and then i read that its being updated to the unity engine, thank god for that and then all these questions came rushing to me head ( all of which seemed to be answered here ) the only thing I would NOT like to see at all is modular building, the beauty of RW is the freedom of the way will get to build anything. Im guessing that all our old worlds including server's will not be compatible? not that I mind.
    Relay looking forward to the future of Rising World