Status Update: Vegetation and grass

• I think its safe to say we're all very excited, looks great with the doors stuff! Like you say focussing on the core mechanics seems the best option if the new version is ever to see the light of day lol. Super exciting though, really isn't a game like this available! :)

Keep it up.

Nyt.

• Thanks a lot for your feedback :D

What's the max size possible? :nerd:

Hehe, well, we can define a max size per object individually. We're open for feedback and suggestions about proper size constraints ^^ I guess for survival mode, a max size of ~ 3x5 blocks (width x height) for doors would be reasonable (given that the default size is 2x4 blocks). For creative mode, however, we could remove this size restriction ;)

• Did you place the doors inside the building for them to open outwards what would happen if you placed them from outside the building would they open inwards

It will work just like in the Java version. The opening direction depends on the rotation of the door, which can be changed while placing it.

Hehe, well, we can define a max size per object individually. We're open for feedback and suggestions about proper size constraints ^^ I guess for survival mode, a max size of ~ 3x5 blocks (width x height) for doors would be reasonable (given that the default size is 2x4 blocks). For creative mode, however, we could remove this size restriction ;)

3x5? sounds fair for regular buildings. Id like to use these doors also for bigger projects though. like stables, castle gates and even some of my giant projects that have gates easily 20 - 30 blocks :D

• AMAZING! I can’t wait! Can you make doors with more glass? Like less wood...I’m thinking an outer trim with handle, then rest glass? That would look awesome! This should probably go under suggestions but not sure...

• AMAZING! I can’t wait! Can you make doors with more glass? Like less wood...I’m thinking an outer trim with handle, then rest glass? That would look awesome! This should probably go under suggestions but not sure...

More glass would be great, and some models where the neighbours shouldn't be able to look inside. Same for windows.

for the size constraints also long as say a horse+and character can both go though a "barn door" all should be good!!

• Id like to use these doors also for bigger projects though. like stables, castle gates and even some of my giant projects that have gates easily 20 - 30 blocks

Wow, 20-30 Blocks would be a huge door :D We certainly need another door model for that ^^ If you would just use a regular door, the player wouldn't even be able to reach the door handle :saint:

But bigger doors and gates are planned, they would be more suitable for this^^

Can you make doors with more glass? Like less wood...I’m thinking an outer trim with handle, then rest glass?

Sounds like a good suggestion! Once we're adding more doors (as mentioned, first we want to get the demo ready^^), we will definitely keep that in mind 8)

don't forget the roll doors for garages

Yes, as mentioned in my previous post, that's planned ;)

for the size constraints also long as say a horse+and character can both go though a "barn door" all should be good!!

We will definitely add some bigger doors and gates which would be more suitable for this :)

• Are there door frames for the doors, adjustable in size, if possible?

Currently we don't have door frames, as this makes it a bit more complicated to work with proper sizes: Right now doors have a default size of 2x4 blocks (just like in the Java version), which is quite suitable for a door. But putting a door frame there would reduce the required door size to maybe 1.9x3.95 blocks - not a big deal, since doors are resizeable, but this doesn't feel intuitive (and could be confusing for causal players) :thinking:

On the other hand, we could maybe implement some automatic door placement when looking at a frame, so the size gets updated automatically... we have to think about that. I'll put door frames on our "take-into-consideration-list" :D

• Creating proper double doors will be a lot easier in the new version ;) You will be able to flip / mirror the door while placing. So in order to create a double door, you would place a door, then just place another, mirrored door next to it. Good thing is both doors will open in the same direction in this case.

In addition to that, the game will automatically detect opposite doors, so opening one door opens the other one right next to it as well:

I feel like that one song should play that goes Parapapapa i'm lovin' it from Mcdonald's :)

• Ash_lee

Ich habe kurz die Trello Ankündigung überflogen. Türen sind der absolute Hit. :love: Ich brauche unbedingt blaue Türen. Wird es möglich sein Türen zu färben oder mit Texturen zu versehen? Färben wäre natürlich der schnellere Weg. Selbstgebaute Türen sind zwar schick, aber es zieht immer, da sie nicht zu schließen sind.

Yes, I hope this answers your question.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!